225 Gallon upgrade- ROUND 2!

cymaster007

Ex-Socal Resident (IEMAS)
Supporter
My Tank Build
Soooo I ordered my replacement 225g tank a couple weeks ago- I think its appropriate to start my build thread (again). I kept all of my equipment and my stand from the old 225g, but there are a few upgrades I want to enact this time around.

New Tank:
No center overflow- give me that space back inside the tank!
No 6" eurobrace - give me that space back in the canopy for more light!
Better skimmer - replace old ASM G5 (Thanks Lawrence!)
Remote Sump - In garage instead of making a mess in the house on the carpet.
Plumb water changes - Open valve to drain into house main sewer line, open separate valve to pump water from mixing station (got the ideas from Jamie)

Heres the tank design from the builder- Oceans by Design in Seattle. I was going to go AGE or Lee Mar but shipping was going to be approx 800-$1,000. Oceans by design will deliver for free, and has a good reputation here in Seattle/Spokane areas.

a Grafted Monti when I was in Ft Lauderdale the other week,

also saw an interesting sign around here that I never saw in socal.

Added a cool decal to my office (where the fish tank will reside!

Ive been working on the plumbing through the crawl space all weekend, I have to insulate everything because it apparently gets below 0 here in the winter. I also reinforced the floor since I am not longer slab-on-grade

Here is my tank so far....

Last edited:

pgr11

Supporter
Sounds like this will be a very interesting build. Certainly something different then we normally see here in n social with all the insulated plumbing. Can't wait to see the progression

cymaster007

Supporter
My Tank Build
Sounds like this will be a very interesting build. Certainly something different then we normally see here in n social with all the insulated plumbing. Can't wait to see the progression
Should work good, but hopefully i dont go to do a water change and end up w a salty slushy

cymaster007

Supporter
My Tank Build
Cycling old rock!

My water change & mixing station

Off Topic-
Decorated the house for halloween

Didnt find any good halloween wreaths so we made our own

cymaster007

Supporter
My Tank Build
What yr is your sti? 2015?
2015 launch edition. I was going to get an older 2005 to beat up but the 2015 drive so smooth and i had been saving $ for a long time. The allure of high resale value from a 1 out of 1000 car sold me.

I used to have a 1970 porsche 914 with an ej20 motor in it that i fully rebuilt, i absolutely love the boxer engine.

2015 launch edition. I was going to get an older 2005 to beat up but the 2015 drive so smooth and i had been saving $ for a long time. The allure of high resale value from a 1 out of 1000 car sold me.

I used to have a 1970 porsche 914 with an ej20 motor in it that i fully rebuilt, i absolutely love the boxer engine.
I have the 2015 limited wrx and absolutely love it. I have had 6 wrx/stis and this one handles the best out of all the gens!!!! Sick car!

cymaster007

Supporter
My Tank Build
I have the 2015 limited wrx and absolutely love it. I have had 6 wrx/stis and this one handles the best out of all the gens!!!! Sick car!
How do you like the motor so far? I know they didnt keep the same design for the 2015 wrx (non STI). I heard it can even run on 87 instead of 91

cymaster007

Supporter
My Tank Build
Got some goodies in the mail!

Going to modify my lighting this time and use T5's in lieu of VHOs from the start, so I ordered these nice hamilton fixtures for the T5's

cymaster007

Supporter
My Tank Build
UPDATE! Tank is being fabricated! Thanks to Oceans by Design I will have my new tank before spring!

Rebuilding my canopy light rail for my light fixtures

Got my return pump in- good old laguna pump!

Ran my plumbing up through the floor, stubbed out waiting for the tank

Latest posts