225 Gallon upgrade- ROUND 2!

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Looking good Cylix. How's keeping the tank warm in that cold weather?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cymaster007

Ex-Socal Resident (IEMAS)
Supporter
My Tank Build
Looking good Cylix. How's keeping the tank warm in that cold weather?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Electric and Gas bill is crazy high this winter- $567 for me this month. They said we were 10 degrees below average for Dec. daily temperatures. I was out snow-shoeing yesterday and snowboarding last weekend. I like the snow and winter wonderland look but its as cold as an Otterpop out here.

Attachments

If you ever end up in Spokane WA you need to come visit me and see them in person! I am going to try and get down to Socal for RAP this year with a couple of coral loving locals from here.
For sure man, If you got extra time and are in my neck of the woods your more then welcomed to stop by as well

cymaster007

Supporter
My Tank Build
haha even still at 2", hats off my friend. You should see some of your original colonies steve has (size wise).
Thanks for the compliment, I think the main thing is just keeping the tank stable. I also learned that the less I put my hands in the tank to move stuff around, the quicker everything grows! Problem I have not is that things are starting to grow into each other and sting one another. Ah I havent gotten any updated pics from Steve Garrett in a while, I can only imagine how big colonies are for Pink Floyd, Planet Earth Tenuis, ATL Joleen and some of the other quick growers.

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
Thanks for the compliment, I think the main thing is just keeping the tank stable. I also learned that the less I put my hands in the tank to move stuff around, the quicker everything grows! Problem I have not is that things are starting to grow into each other and sting one another. Ah I havent gotten any updated pics from Steve Garrett in a while, I can only imagine how big colonies are for Pink Floyd, Planet Earth Tenuis, ATL Joleen and some of the other quick growers.
Joleen and Floyd are good sized, planet earth for him is a little slower growth. Im sure if you wanted to make space and do a bunch of frags, a bunch of the local guys would buy (myself included), split shipping or something .

cymaster007

Supporter
My Tank Build
Joleen and Floyd are good sized, planet earth for him is a little slower growth. Im sure if you wanted to make space and do a bunch of frags, a bunch of the local guys would buy (myself included), split shipping or something .

The shop near me does lots of shipping so I could have him box up my frags for shipment. Otherwise I think I could bring a frag-pack down for anyone interested when I come visit. Let me know if there is something you need to add to your collection.

Latest posts