BLACKROCK REEF Frag Racks

Ok... so after researching about the best "reef safe" frag racks to buy I came across the company called: Blackrock Reef. They're reef safe Solid ABS racks are just that...super solid, sturdy and come with very strong magnetic holders.

Well, I ordered 2 black racks a few days ago. One medium and the other large. I got them in the mail yesterday and opened them up. The outside edges seemed to have been slightly damaged during shipping so I took photos and emailed them to Daniel in their customer service dept. He responded within 30 minutes and assured me that these areas of concern would not in any way harm the integrity of the racks...that they were cosmetic and were most likely caused during the shipping transit. I replied with a huge "thank you" for his quick reply and told him that I now had peace of mind about using these racks in my display.

Here's the kicker:
He offered me 3 options:

"1. Ship the damaged rack back to us (at your cost). Upon receipt and
inspection, we will re-ship your original order to you with NEW racks at
our expense
2. 50% off replacement rack of your choice for each damaged rack
3. 50% refund of your original order price -- no need to ship racks back,
you can keep what you originally ordered"

I didn't expect this at all..not did I ask for ANYTHING! Wow.

So, I told him I was good and thanks for the great serve. Done..... NOT!

He replied with:

"Thank you, we went ahead and issued 50% refund on original order due to
cosmetic damages from shipping."

I would highly recommend buying these racks to anyone who is not only wants high quality frag racks but a company who stands behind them...no matter what.

What else is there to say about this company? You guys ROCK!

805reef

Premium Member
Supporter
Great review on the company... but what are we supposed to complain about in this thread?

G-Tank

Premium Member
Supporter
I have one and have had it for almost 4-5 years and great. A guy threw it in as a freebie when I purchased a uses JBJ 6g.

well if I order something I would want a new item not a damaged one at a discount.
one rack had a blemish and scuff that was caused by shipping...which sometimes can't be controlled by the business. I'm sure if i wanted to make a big deal about this they would have sent me both new racks. The main point of my thread was to not only point out the quality of these racks but the companies great customer service

Great review on the company... but what are we supposed to complain about in this thread?
What?

Here's a shot of the chip or scratch I was asking about...nothing big. And you can see another small chip on the front center edge of the first shot below. I'm not concerned because these things will hopefully be full of coraline algae and frags soon enough. They're frag racks... I can live with these minor flaws.

The photos below show the thickness and quality of these frag racks.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
thats should not affect the performance of the racks. coraline algae will cover it up. of ypu are real anal. get some 2000 grit sand paper give it a quick brush and put the lighter to it real quick

Their my favorite frag racks. I have 3 of the largest size. They hold up real well. Being used on 3/4" acrylic and still holds up even full of frag plugs, except for one of them which only has 2 magnets. The rack has fallen a couple of times when I get lazy and try to move frag plugs around with the pik stiks instead of by hand.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
its worked with my 1" acrylic frag tank i have a few you can try out before you buy. i dont have any use for them now. since i made a million at rap.

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
its worked with my 1" acrylic frag tank i have a few you can try out before you buy. i dont have any use for them now. since i made a million at rap.
haha come pick up the file fish and drop them off haha jk! I'll see when I'm in your area....

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
how bout you come pick up the frag rack so i can lock you in my garage gumbii is waiting for you in there