Salinity?

So I checked my tanks both were at 1.019 the other at 1.020

What drop the salinity? My ATO are still full none had any freshwater
I checked with a salinity meter have two just to double check.
On one tank I raised the salinity but then I am wondering if it's bad for coral with such a rapid change? I know fish can handle the salinity being so low and the sudden change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tam

Excessive salt creep somewhere? You sure your water change water was 1.025... you mix it yourself or buy? Calibrated your refractometer?

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
So should I expect a tank crash?

I dont think so, i've seen many people make that mistake with no real problems. Lots of us make that error while making water changes with that we thought was saltwater or topped off with saltwater when we though it was fresh

I dont think so, i've seen many people make that mistake with no real problems. Lots of us make that error while making water changes with that we thought was saltwater or topped off with saltwater when we though it was fresh
The reading was before the water change. So it been like that for at least three weeks since that when I last change water. Now I know why my arcos were bleaching.

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
i have brought salinity up from 20 to 23 in one day with no ill effects...and then the following day from 23 to 25 and you're good in 2 days.

Latest posts