Sps coral store saved my tank

I've got to give Jesse and Aaron a huge thanks for saving my tank last tuesday.
I came home from work and my tank sounded like a waterfall.
Usually that means my return needs cleaning because it cant keep up with my herbie. So, I pulled it and cleaned it out, then put it back in and turned it on.
It ran for about 10 seconds before shutimg completely off. Tried to restart it with the same results. Checked the connections, and power supply. The power supply had a melt down, (It was a reef octopus dc10500 that I got from Aaron over a year ago). Called up sps and talked to Jesse, he found another power supply in the store so I jammed over there to pick it up. While I was there I saw they had just gotten a shipment of the waveline gen2 Dc pumps in. Talked to Jesse about 1 and after him calling and talking to Aaron I was able to head home with a new gen2 waveline on loan for a couple days. Needless to say I went back on thursday and payed for the pump and picked up a couple other things I needed.
The pump is hooked up an running perfectly and my tank is happy again.

THANKS Jesse and Aaron You guys are the best, I'm a customer for life.

The new waveline dc pump is sweet and dead silent. And at 84 watts at full power pushing 2800gph it cant be beat.

That's awesome that he took care of u, sounds like Aaron is a good guy..

Should have looked into a a Fluval Pump. I'm telling u, best submersible pumps on the market.

Coelli

Premium Member
Supporter
SPS is awesome. I'm probably going to buy two Kessils from them this week. Yes, I could probably get them somewhere online and save the tax, but if you don't support your LFS...

I was in this weekend pestering Aaron with questions and even though I was keeping him from working on the new frag tank (and only bought 5g of saltwater), he answered everything and had great advice. When it's finally time to set up my new tank I'm hiring those guys to plumb it and get it running. I know it'll be worth every penny. :)

TH64

Glad you were able to save your tank! Been there a few times and it is always a great visit. Nice store, helpful peeps and willing to give you solid advice

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
Good to hear all is well again jim....yup, sps coral store is awesome..thats why I.got my tank from them ; )

So was it really the herbie overflow that cause the water to overflow from your tank due to a clog?
What happened is the pump couldnt pump enough water into the dt to start the syphon. So the water level in the overflow box was low cause the water to drop 12" making it sound like a water fall.

Ro pumps have been revised also bot their $20 more than waveline.
The new waveline has a fan and heatsink on the contoller.

Should have looked into a a Fluval Pump. I'm telling u, best submersible pumps on the market.
Im going to look into those today. Hopefully they'll have one close to the same specs as the waveline. I dont feel like redoing my plumbing for a third time.

Im going to look into those today. Hopefully they'll have one close to the same specs as the waveline. I dont feel like redoing my plumbing for a third time.
Do it, and I promise u will not regret it. My fluval sp6 has 1.25" male threads coming off it. Super easy to plumb. I've read lots and lots of people having those DC pumps burn up, haven't read one review of a bad Fluval pump yet. And those Askoll pumps have been running that way for years. They could easily tack on another $100 to the price, and it would still be a great buy.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter

i thought you said lagunas are? wth. i bought a laguna now you are saying the fluval is better

Latest posts