how to remove glass panels

I am trying to remove the glass overflow box on my tank. I've scrapped off all the silicone on the edges of both sides. I can't really do much cutting between the glass due to the tight squeeze. I've broken parts of a few blades in the crack trying. What's the best way to remove the panels. I'm sure once I get one side free it'll all come off quick. It is very hard now since its attached from 3 sides each panel. I don't want to break anything from excessive force.

Riblet

Premium Member
Supporter
Just care,blades and time. Is the bottom all cut free? It was what was really holding i mine, be really careful when you free the bottom inside corners. So you don't hurt the tank seal. GL

Good idea. Someone told me fishing string. But I didn't think it would do much. Guitar string would work like a saw. I'll try that.
Just care,blades and time. Is the bottom all cut free? It was what was really holding i mine, be really careful when you free the bottom inside corners. So you don't hurt the tank seal. GL
The overflow is all the way to the bottom edge. So I'll have to strip the bottom and reseal. Im Scared. But fine to far to quit.