Just curious

Well might sound dumb but its been bugging me does anyone feed live clams to angels/triggers with maxima clams/etc.... already in tank?

hmm... i think that would be too expensive and not worth it... but there are some clam foods that the LFS sell... like, frozen clams and muscles on shells for triggers and such...

yeah frozen muscles and clams there is also a angel food that has all of that and sponges in the mix I believe Hikari makes it

hmm... i think that would be too expensive and not worth it... but there are some clam foods that the LFS sell... like, frozen clams and muscles on shells for triggers and such...
Yea I know of the frozen clams but more of treat say once a month drop in a live clam or 2 ....or will it just entice the fish to go after the clam in tank ......with frozen/live clams ?

I wouldn't risk it, personally, I use 'clam on a half shell' frozen clams and my trigger loves it. My carpet nem got a hold of it last week, pulled it in and kicked out the shells the next morning. And triggers can be unpredictable.

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
Yup..fed frozen clams on the half shell to a finicky copperband with a maxima about 2 inches away...never had any issues there.