Dry dosing vs wet dosing

Mikhail85

I used to dose Thrive liquid for KH to balance the Alkalinity in my system seems like the corals didn't mind too much for a good x amount of months. Now I dose dry Brightwell KH buffer *powder*.
because I won it in a raffle. Some of my corals now seem really stressed and bothered. Discoloration , No polyp extensions , and halt in growth. I can't figure it out but , that doesn't necessarily mean I can put the blame on dosing a brightwell dry product..

any ideas ?? long time reefers

when my alk drops to 7-7.1 dkh I bring it up to 7.5-7.8 dkh (a lil under 8dkh)

plse help

I use the brightwell powder as well but I add it to ro water first to dissolve fully and then add it to my tank. Are you just dumping the powder in?

I used to dose Thrive liquid for KH to balance the Alkalinity in my system seems like the corals didn't mind too much for a good x amount of months. Now I dose dry Brightwell KH buffer *powder*.
because I won it in a raffle. Some of my corals now seem really stressed and bothered. Discoloration , No polyp extensions , and halt in growth. I can't figure it out but , that doesn't necessarily mean I can put the blame on dosing a brightwell dry product..

any ideas ?? long time reefers

when my alk drops to 7-7.1 dkh I bring it up to 7.5-7.8 dkh (a lil under 8dkh)

plse help
I would look into B ionic 2 part. It's Not that expensive (unless u have a large system with a large alk consumption), and it's super consistent stuff. I never messed with the powder stuff.

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
Brightwell is one of the best product lines, they are one of the only companies to offer some really hard to find trace/minerals, i really doubt it is the powder. Like lurking said, make sure you dissolve the powder in RO water, and follow instructions. Powders tend to be stronger than liquid.

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
Power should be dissolved in water before dumping into your tank. All products should be added in liquid form.

Without dosing equipment it's harder to sustain stable alkalinity.

Mikhail85

I use the brightwell powder as well but I add it to ro water first to dissolve fully and then add it to my tank. Are you just dumping the powder in?

No I grab my tank water and mix as best as I can w/a soon , then inject near powerheads

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Mikhail85

I would look into B ionic 2 part. It's Not that expensive (unless u have a large system with a large alk consumption), and it's super consistent stuff. I never messed with the powder stuff.

Thats exactly what ive considered *B ionic

Mikhail85

Power should be dissolved in water before dumping into your tank. All products should be added in liquid form.

Without dosing equipment it's harder to sustain stable alkalinity.

Yea I notice big particles when I dose it but it seems like im mixing it well , maybe its not an alk problem

Heres an example:

uploadfromtaptalk1416530448939.jpg

Mikhail85

Brightwell is one of the best product lines, they are one of the only companies to offer some really hard to find trace/minerals, i really doubt it is the powder. Like lurking said, make sure you dissolve the powder in RO water, and follow instructions. Powders tend to be stronger than liquid.
Ill try that

Latest posts