Weird purple slime

Okay guys so this thing popped up 2 weeks ago and it was worse but cleared up when I did a water change and it can back up and it got on some of my frags that snails took it off some frags but the thing eats off the acans but not the zoas I need help

image.jpg

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
this is what you call cyano, check your p04 in your tank. check your rodi water where ever its coming from should be 0 or close to zero. or maybe you need more flow in that area. i recommend to do wc and suck out as much as possible dont stir it up because it will get distributed everywhere else in the tank

also forgot what type of bulbs are you running? mh t5? of they are old they it will help grow algae like this

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

you can always use "red slime remover" and it will make it go away. If you don't address the root cause of it though the cyano will return and [MENTION=654]lowbudget[/MENTION] will haunt your nightmares...

Us a small diameter piece of tubing to suck it out... gives u more time without sucking too much water. Like 3/8" tubing.

this is what you call cyano, check your p04 in your tank. check your rodi water where ever its coming from should be 0 or close to zero. or maybe you need more flow in that area. i recommend to do wc and suck out as much as possible dont stir it up because it will get distributed everywhere else in the tank

also forgot what type of bulbs are you running? mh t5? of they are old they it will help grow algae like this
How long do "you" usually use T5s for? I change them out once a year. I've noticed now that the tank is full reef the bulbs probably should be replaced at 9-10 months. I didn't really pay much attention back when I just had random frags here and there. Just curious

Alright guys thanks for the tips it's all gone now added chemipure the other day followed directions and also more flow and a small water change and a bit more chemi pure