How to frag a Nepthia??

So, I wanna take a piece off a green nepthia ( or sinulara lol idk which) from my reef for my seahorse tank. It is stuck in a pretty big rock though. First off what is best way to cut a 'branch' off? Sharp knife , scissors? And where should this be cut from ? Where branch meets the trunk or higher up? Also, is it safe to do in the tank, since it's stuck on a rock ?
Ok , one more ? :) how do I treat frag? Just chuck it into new tank, or glue open cut to a piece of rubble or plug, and does it need to heal first?
:) thanks for any advice .. Really love this colony and dont wanna screw it up :)
J

easy way is to cut off like a "Y" branch... then get a rubber band and tie it onto another rock... not too tight where it cuts it in half, but snug enough not to let it move around...

good luck...

zigginit

you can cut in the tank if you want to. it will slim some but it should get filtered out. razor blade will do nice. and you will need to attach as posted above because no amount of super glue will hold onto that slimy thing long enough to heal onto the rock. or used fishing string and tie it down. should self attach in a week or so.

Use a pair of scissors. Like the long sharp ones that come in fragging kits. Cut as smooth and fast as possible to limit the amount of slimming. Like one smooth quick cut. Cut it at the "Y" like [MENTION=2546]gumbii[/MENTION] said. If you rubber band it don't make it too tight as it will split and might not attach. Wedding vail would be better, or a thin piece of fishing line through the stalk.

Latest posts