WTB: All I Want For Christmas is a Yellow Belly Regal Angelfish!

That bump in the chin is a common fungal on them. Normally it goes away with good water quality. You can try soaking the food with Angelixir by Brightwell A.
Is that what that is?? I had the same thing on the Regal Lawrence sold me, but that one soon croaked. This guy is gonna be in my tank for 30 days now, I hope it still goes strong. DD even extended my guarantee for another 15 days because of it.

I'll see what other foods I can try...

Regal is still eating pellets exclusively. What can I try to feed it to entice it to eat something more nutritious?? It's driving me nuts. Never had a fish that learned to eat pellets and refused to eat anything else.
soak pellets with vitachem or selcon.

Is that what that is?? I had the same thing on the Regal Lawrence sold me, but that one soon croaked. This guy is gonna be in my tank for 30 days now, I hope it still goes strong. DD even extended my guarantee for another 15 days because of it.

I'll see what other foods I can try...
Yes! It happens when it's shipped out most of the time. The key is not to let it get worse. If not it will effect the throat and end up dead. It's a good thing you extended the guarantee. If it's eating . Don't pollute the water trying to feed it too keep much.

So the Regal is doing really good. It gets along with everyone and has been less shy since I got him last. Initially, it had some kind of would by where the gills met at the "chin" and it progressively got worse and formed like a giant pimple/bump, but it's now healed pretty well and it's doing good. He's still eating only pellets and won't touch frozen food, but he's maintaining his weight, so I'm happy about that. I did notice it was nipping on some blastos, but hey, it comes with the territory. It is my favorite angel, so I gotta put up with it!

So the Regal is doing really good. It gets along with everyone and has been less shy since I got him last. Initially, it had some kind of would by where the gills met at the "chin" and it progressively got worse and formed like a giant pimple/bump, but it's now healed pretty well and it's doing good. He's still eating only pellets and won't touch frozen food, but he's maintaining his weight, so I'm happy about that. I did notice it was nipping on some blastos, but hey, it comes with the territory. It is my favorite angel, so I gotta put up with it!
If you are ever in my area I'll give you a 10 dollar baggie of fish food I make. Maybe he goes for it. Worse case scenario everyone else will. All fresh stuff clam, krill, squid, octopus, scallop, table shrimp, Atlantic salmon. Just a thought to get him to eat something else.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Congrats Damian...glad the regal is still alive and kickin....weird how all the regals that i have had that were reef safe always ate pellets...the ones that didn't, ate coral instead. lmao
Thanks for all the help and for tolerating my annoying texts while on vacation, Jesse! Haha I hope you set up your FOWLR soon and I can be the bad influence this time around! Haha

P.S. The Colorado Sunburst disappeared into thin air! Haha But at least I enjoyed it for a few months. And at least my clown's favorite anemone is alive and well. That's what's important anyway!

If you are ever in my area I'll give you a 10 dollar baggie of fish food I make. Maybe he goes for it. Worse case scenario everyone else will. All fresh stuff clam, krill, squid, octopus, scallop, table shrimp, Atlantic salmon. Just a thought to get him to eat something else.

Thanks man! I gotta be honest, I haven't been feeding the variety I used to feed before I got the new job. But I'm definitely willing to try something new, especially if it sounds fresh and healthy for my fish!

Thanks man! I gotta be honest, I haven't been feeding the variety I used to feed before I got the new job. But I'm definitely willing to try something new, especially if it sounds fresh and healthy for my fish!
Hmu when you will be in the area I'll hook you up

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
Thanks for all the help and for tolerating my annoying texts while on vacation, Jesse! Haha I hope you set up your FOWLR soon and I can be the bad influence this time around! Haha

P.S. The Colorado Sunburst disappeared into thin air! Haha But at least I enjoyed it for a few months. And at least my clown's favorite anemone is alive and well. That's what's important anyway!
Yup picking up next saturday....sorry to hear about the nem, I think the only way to keep them happy is like ivan had his..in a breeder net ...but glad ur other fish are doing great bro.

Regal the 4th is alive and well still! He is still adamant about only eating pellets, but he's still nice and fat. I wanna take some DSLR shots during Thanksgiving break. Maybe I can get a new avatar out of it. That was regal 1 of 4. ;[

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in." -Michael Corleone

He ate clam on a half shell about two hours after acclimation and eating it again on day two...

Get the pitchforks SCR! ;[

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Looks great! Mind is eating all my corals but I love it too much to give her up hah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts