Need Help Please!

mkfmedic

Hello and Happy Holiday's Friends!

So I am having a situation and need some help! I have developed what appears to be brown algae on the tips of some, I emphasize "Some" of my SPS corals. Those effected seem to deteriorate over a few days ending up turning brown, followed by bleaching and death. My acans, Zoas and chalices don't seem to be effected and are sitting much lower in the tank.

I do not have diatoms in my sand bed and there appears to be no other algae anywhere than the typical film which appears on the glass. No GHA, Cyano, etc.

I took my specs prior to tying.

Temp 77.8
SG - 1.025
Alk - 192/10.75 (Trending downward after recent spike) Dose via Doser, but have reduced amount after recent spike.
ph - 8.02
Calc - 410 Dose via GHL Doser
Phosphates - 0.0 (Rowaphos Outlet and in Main Display Tank)
Nitrates showing less than 5
Magnesium is just above 1400

Why on Why is this happening? I've lost three very nice pieces and will attach a pic ASAP so you folks can let me know what you think.

All of the fish, inverts, starfish and urchin seem to be fine.

My sump dumps into overflow, followed by traveling over three 4" Socks. Then through the reactor and skimmer section before being return via a SP4 return pump. I have good flow and water movement. I use Radion G2's for lighting and currently have the intensity set for 45%.

This was never a problem until recently and I have noticed that I am struggling to keep pH up and rather than travel between 8.1 and 8.3, it flucuates between 7.9 and 8.2. Not sure if that is contributing or a sign of something else going on.

Anyway, I know that I have provided a lot of stuff here, but I just don't know what is going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Mike

Latest posts