Harlequin shrimp...wow!

So I have a asterina starfish problem in my 8 gallon pico. I noticed my utter chao's zoa frag looking "limp" and then one by one, they died off. It was only 3 polyps, but they were my only "high end" zoas. So after some research, I realized it was all the asterina starfish in my tank.
Bryan from IGotCorals hooked me up with one today at an outstanding price. I've seen pictures of Harlequin shrimp, but they are even more amazing in person.
I just wanted to introduce my new friend/asterina killer to you guys.

Straight chillin
Har1.jpg

I think he founds his spot...using the large candy cane as his umbrella.
Har2.jpg

I originally bought the Harlequin shrimp to take care of the star problem, but after just chillin in my tank for less than a day, I want to keep him long term!
This is the coolest addition to my tank in a loooong time. He looks like he's doing tai chi with his claws when anything gets close to him!

They are amazingly beautiful and very interesting to watch! Expensive addition though. I had one for a couple years, he ate a large chocolate chip starfish every week! And all the boney pieces stay in the sand bed. Absolutely loved it though :)

So I've had the harlequin shrimp in my 8 gallon pico since Sunday. I think it's already almost done it's job destroying the asterina starfish population!
I guess I could sell him off to someone that needs him, but thinking about supplemental feeding to keep him around long term.
So after some reading, I think the best plan of attack is to buy a chocolate chip starfish and freeze it. Break off a leg per week for feeding. Main thing I worry about is putting in a frozen/dead starfish leg in a 8 gallon tank and polluting the water. I think throwing in the piece of leg maybe 2 days prior to my scheduled weekly water change will minimize "waste" from the leg.
What do you guys think?

Against better judgment, I bought a chocolate chip starfish and threw a leg in the tank. Shrimp took the leg to his "den" and is going to work on it.
For some reason, i thought he'd devour it quickly, but whole piece is still intact after a few hours.
How long should I leave the leg in the tank? I was thinking about removing after 24 hours? Maybe leave in for 48 hours?
Thanks!

You cut a leg off to feed him?
Yeah....
I know this method is somewhat controversial subject in the reefing world, but I have no qualms about it. Please don't think I'm a cold person for doing so, but if starfish are Harlequin food, I'm providing the shrimp it's natural meal. I get if your against the idea and will respect your opinion if you have something to say on the subject.
With that said, I'm leaning against going forward with this method. I put the starfish leg in on Sunday afternoon and barely any of it is eaten today on Monday evening. I don't want the dead leg to "muck" up water quality...

I can hear the starfish screaming from here... but they do regrow limbs and such so yeah that's why people are able to cut a leg off and they still live through it.

David is a starfish murderer... turrible just turrible.

I'm too lazy and too many things to do in our tanks so that's just another chore to add to the list. I think my whore shrimp is still floating around somewhere.

I can hear the starfish screaming from here... but they do regrow limbs and such so yeah that's why people are able to cut a leg off and they still live through it.

David is a starfish murderer... turrible just turrible.
The starfish did not make a peep during the extraction of the leg, thank you very much! lol
All kidding aside, this is my first attempt at feeding a starfish leg to the harlequin shrimp and as previously mentioned, most likely my last attempt.
Love the look and motions of the shrimp, but looks like he's going in the sell forum soon.