Looking for an HACV expert - New AC for the new tank!

xthunderx

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm looking at installing a ductless A/C in my home, I'm wondering if there are any local HAVC experts in the area that would be willing to help me with the selection and installation of a unit. I'm located by the 605 and 5 fwys, zip code 90660.

I've narrowed it down to 3 brands:

1. Mitsubishi
2. Fujitsu
3. LG

The unit will supplement my Central Air, it will be 24,000 or 30,000 BTU unit for my living room and kitchen.

Any feedback is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

I've installed a few Fujitsus and had really good luck with them. Ductless mini splits are super nice and way more efficient then cooling your whole house. Never touched an LG or a Mitsu, so I can't comment on those.

xthunderx

Premium Member
Supporter
I've installed a few Fujitsus and had really good luck with them. Ductless mini splits are super nice and way more efficient then cooling your whole house. Never touched an LG or a Mitsu, so I can't comment on those.
Any reason you went with Fujitsu? Just curious, I know it's a great brand which is why it's on my list. Any other comments about it, how do you like it so far? Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it.

xthunderx

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm in touch with Matt, thanks guys.

If there are any other who are willing to chime in on brand preference, that would be very helpful.

Thank you. :)

I've done a few Fuji's... Haven't had a problem with one yet... Just remember to clean and check the filter screen thing every so often

xthunderx

Premium Member
Supporter
A little more background for those who are curious:

In my situation it will alleviate some of the load on my central air and provide additional cooling for my kitchen, dinning room, living room. With my recent tank upgrade, I expect more heat and moisture in this area and this mini split system should help out quite a bit. On really hot days, I'll turn on the central air as a backup.

I'm looking at a 30,000 BTU, LG has the highest SEER ratings and it's tempting to just call it a day based on energy savings alone. But the decision is a little more complicated than that.

Thanks!

Riblet

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey Oscar let me know how it goes, I would like to put one of those units in my den to help keep my tank cool. I have one of those old school thru the wall units but it's an energy hog.

xthunderx

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey Oscar let me know how it goes, I would like to put one of those units in my den to help keep my tank cool. I have one of those old school thru the wall units but it's an energy hog.
Will do, I've done a lot of research so I would be happy to save you the hours of reading with a 10 minute conversation. You're also welcome to stop by to check it out once it's done. I'll keep you posted.

Riblet

Premium Member
Supporter
Will do, I've done a lot of research so I would be happy to save you the hours of reading with a 10 minute conversation. You're also welcome to stop by to check it out once it's done. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks!