SCA aquarium good for new tank?

Thinking of buying a new 120g tank and im wondering if sca is good enough? Let me know what you think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a 50g from them and overall for what you pay for I think it is a good buy. You have options when purchasing the tank. The tank and sump are awesome. The cons are that the holes drilled in the tank are done in metric or some odd sizing. This makes it challenging to to custom plumbing. The stand is not the greatest as well. I would build my own if I had the chance to do it again. Oh and skip the option to purchase the return pump. Not the greatest in my opinion, they are loud and not very efficient. Hope this helps.

I have a 50g from them and overall for what you pay for I think it is a good buy. You have options when purchasing the tank. The tank and sump are awesome. The cons are that the holes drilled in the tank are done in metric or some odd sizing. This makes it challenging to to custom plumbing. The stand is not the greatest as well. I would build my own if I had the chance to do it again. Oh and skip the option to purchase the return pump. Not the greatest in my opinion, they are loud and not very efficient. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the input. All i need is the tank. Im just concerned about their build quality

I would go for it. The build is good in my opinion. They use black silicon and starphire glass that looks very nice. Only thing is the drilled holes but you will be able to figure out how to manage

I have a 120 gallon from the them 48x24x24 with euro brace overall happy with it came with herbie drain too starphire with black silocon edges and black wall

xmas_one

Nice. How long did it take for them to make it?

The 66 is an "off the shelf" tank, they have a warehouse full of them, I saw 120g's there too. I think they do customs, but it takes a while, seemed more like an import operation to me. I got a crazy good deal on mine, one of their guys quoted me super low on the 66 at RAP. I asked if they would still honor that pricing and they said yes, so I went and snagged it up!

The 66 is an "off the shelf" tank, they have a warehouse full of them, I saw 120g's there too. I think they do customs, but it takes a while, seemed more like an import operation to me. I got a crazy good deal on mine, one of their guys quoted me super low on the 66 at RAP. I asked if they would still honor that pricing and they said yes, so I went and snagged it up!
Nice thanks for your response!

Upgraded to an SCA 90g a year ago, and I LOVE IT! never an issue, got euro braced and am glad for it.. glass looks beautiful and black silicone seams are done very well... my only "issue" was the sump is a monster ( IMO it is too tall to comfortably remove my skimmer , and it takes up the entire 48 in cabinet ) but that is just my personal preference to have some extra room for storage underneath. I highly recommend to anyone interested.. if you get to the IE you are welcome to check mine out anytime :)

Upgraded to an SCA 90g a year ago, and I LOVE IT! never an issue, got euro braced and am glad for it.. glass looks beautiful and black silicone seams are done very well... my only "issue" was the sump is a monster ( IMO it is too tall to comfortably remove my skimmer , and it takes up the entire 48 in cabinet ) but that is just my personal preference to have some extra room for storage underneath. I highly recommend to anyone interested.. if you get to the IE you are welcome to check mine out anytime :)
Thats nice of you! Thank you. I will keep that in mind. So far so good for sca. Lol

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
I bought mine used. It's a few years old and still looks and functions great.

When I upgrade I'll be going with SCA again.