Prevent fish going through overflow teeth or grill.

CoralNerd

CoralNerd
Supporter
After having my new tank set up I purchased a yellow watchmen gobbie. He was quite an escape artist and ended up in the filter socks on two occasions. I headed out to the hardware store to find something to prevent this from happening again. After walking every aisle I finally found the perfect product. See image below.
Around a $7 buck fix and works perfect.

CoralNerd

CoralNerd
Supporter
I bought it at Lowes. Look for it in the rain gutter section. It's plastic, cuts easy and you can zip tie it to the teeth. I put mine on the opposite side (not tank side) so you can't even see it. My overflow lid has a piece of acrylic that sits right between the gutter gard and the teeth. No adverse water flow either. ..note I have a coast to coast overflow.

Coelli

Premium Member
Supporter
Got a pic of how you attached it? I have tons of that stuff left over from a gardening project.

CoralNerd

CoralNerd
Supporter
Pictures. You can see the material is behind my overflow grill and right behind it is the overflow cover. Like I said above the overflow cover has a piece of acrylic that goes down 1" and extends from side to side to help prevent warping.

Since I put the grill guard up the yellow watchmen tried to take another ride over the overflow but he couldn't fit. LOL The Yasha Gobbe is the only one that I'm worried about, he's new and I think he's hiding. If he doesn't make it I won't get another Yasha as their really small.