Speargunhunter's Shallow Tank!

After having some problems with my tank for about a year and not being able to find the reason why my SPS kept dying I decided to restart it, so this time im going with dry tonga branches and a new aquascape style totally different from my old aquascape.

John AKA J6 Jestersix did my aquascape as i requested. I'm happy with the results.

Here are some pictures

In the tank

Left Side view

Last edited:

jestersix

This was a fun build - thanks for having me down and for the delicious food and drink you shared with me during the build. Looking forward to seeing this one grow out!

Looking good Jorge, cant wait to see the build
Thanks Jesse!
Looks good Jorge!! Need to get some tonga into my tank
Thanks Miguel, u will like. check at AOA i got most of my rock from them and one reefer here in socalireefs
Looks good... Love the floating center!!
What kind of light is that ???
Thanks, its a Sfiligoi Genesis but the original Leds are trash so i had to add 3 Hydras52. ill post pics of the light build.
That looks really good ... Do you have any concerns on the center breaking off? And falling on the glass ?
Thanks Eric, not really. I was concerned at first when jonh started building it but at the end it came out pretty strong and the main base rock is very heavy.

Thanks David!

Gotta love the shallow. Rock work looks good.
Thanks Johnny!

It's a big *** tank, doubt that would happen!! [MENTION=2381]SPEARGUNHUNTER[/MENTION] 300g right?
72x30x18" about 168g.

Wow! Best use of tonga I've ever seen!
Thanks Damian, really wanted to do something different this time.

Thanks Nick!

Looks real nice... what mortar did you use?
Thanks Cody, I dont remember what cement is it, jestersix has the name of it on his facebook page J6 Jestersix in case u wanna take a look at it and other builds he has done for other reefers.

Awesome work with the tonga rock Jorge!
Thanks Terry!
This was a fun build - thanks for having me down and for the delicious food and drink you shared with me during the build. Looking forward to seeing this one grow out!
Thanks for chime in Jonh, u did an awesome work!!
haha I saw this yesterday looks sweet!
u where one of the first persons i sent the pic to. just make u jelaous lol
Thank you Rob, cant wait to have big colonies like in ur tank!

Here is the light fixture build

the hardest part was to make the Hydra and the brackets fit in the fixture just having 2.75" space inside so i used some 80/20 and come out perfect.