Cal Reactor help!!

Happy holidays all,
I was thinking about picking up a used calcium reactor. This is new territory and I will begin research after the holiday. What are some of the cons of buying a uses Cal reactor. The components seem cut and dry, they either work or don't. What should I be looking for when purchase a used unit? Thanks

Find the easy to dial CA Reactor. Geo Reactor has good reviews. CO2 Regulator is also important. Look into electronic planted regulator.

bought a used cal reactor and it was leaking all over the place but since i'm kinda handy, it wasn't an issue fixing it.

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
When buying a used reactor, check for stress on the acrylic. Someone improperly feeding the reactor could have caused un-needed pressure, causing stress marks (usually on the lid) as you would normally see in acrylic display tanks. Other than that its just a search for broken pieces or damaged impellers on the circ pump.

I would recommend looking for a reactor with a built in PH probe location and a second calcium chamber to catch the remaining Co2.

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
FYI i have a GEO and love it. I bought it used, changed out the hoses and plastic hose clamps it came with and good as new.

Find one that recirculate the CO2, saves you a lot of trips to refill the tank. I bought a Schuran Jetstream 1 over 6 years ago and still running strong, its all about the quality of the equipment you are buying.

Had a brand new MRC years ago and had nothing but trouble with it leaking and the customer service sucked!! they refuse to replace it and send me acrylic glue as their solution to fix leaks on a brand new unit.

Latest posts