Red Sea Reef Foundation dosing help?

Long story short. Some of my corals didnt seem happy & decided that i was going to dose. After testing for Calcium, Alkalinity & Magnesium i noticed my calcium was low
1st test:
Calcium:410ppm
Alkalinity: 9
Magnesium: 1280ppm

According to the Calcium supplement
(Bottle A) if my calcium tested at 410 i should dose 15ml/25gl to be in 440 optimal for lps. I estimated i had 50gl of water (playing it safe) so i dosed 30ml.

I knew my alkalinity would drop so i tested my alkalinity & sure enough im now at 8.4 dkh. So i decided i was going to dose supplement B (buffer) but the back of the bottle says that at 8.4 dkh i should dose 36ml/25gl for optimal lps.

This is where i got confused & worried. At 72ml/50gl (estimated to play safe) it seems like a lot. I havent dosed because i have no idea if im doing it wrong. The label doesnt say daily or weekly. Am i missing something from instructions? If anybody can help i'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Lmk if i should post pics of the bottle labels.

Titanwerx

Premium Member
Supporter
How much is it suppose to raise? I would think you would you would need to go slow dose then test next day. Do you have a lot of corals?

How much is it suppose to raise? I would think you would you would need to go slow dose then test next day. Do you have a lot of corals?
It just says optimal lps 4-12 Dose 36ml/25gl if alkalinity measured 8.4.
I have a lot of lps & a few soft corals.

After testing my calcium, it is now at 450ppm after dosing the 30ml at once. Maybe i raised it too fast?

Phosphates on api under or .25ppm? (Hard to tell)
Nitrates 10ppm on api also

2 gen 1 radions at 65% about 12" off water level.

Water changes are once a week/10 gallons.

Temp is 79.

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Phosphates on api under or .25ppm? (Hard to tell)
Nitrates 10ppm on api also

2 gen 1 radions at 65% about 12" off water level.

Water changes are once a week/10 gallons.

Temp is 79.
Might be your phosphates... get a hanah checker or even red sea... api I only use for nitrates and ammonia

your water parameters from your first tests were basically the same as it is in Fiji :) I feel that they were fine if you are un sure u can always split up your doses and test between each dose that would be my recommendations we sell the checkers they run about 50 bucks we also carry the red sea algae control and that would be more bang for your buck which has a low range phosphate and a low range nitrate . now in your case lps and softies like a little more nutrients than sps so some p04 and some n03 are good and needed for the corals . I would test get a base reading and log your test results and when you dose that way you can get a better idea on how your tanks parameters fluctuate from day to day

maybe i should of left them alone. Now my scoly looks bad, i didnt do the full dose because it just didnt seem right i only dosed 36ml which is half the dose & im going to see where im at.

I think im going to buy the red sea po4 for now.

For lps & soft corals where should my parameters be?

Latest posts