Nudibranch eggs!

I found a nudibranch a few days ago wandering on the glass so I took it out and now my zoa is popping out again after 3 months. Unfortunately, I think the nudibranch left some eggs all over my live rock. Am I going to have to remove all the rock that is infected with eggs and manually scrub them, or is there a fish/invert available for this? Wrasse?

Thanks everyone

Last edited:
I'm not sure that will work and I don't think there is a fish that will eat the eggs. Most times the nudis lay their eggs on the mat and stocks of the polyps, not on the rocks. How many zoa colonies do you have? If just a couple you may want to just rid them completely from your tank, let the nudis die off with no food, then add some zoas back at a later date.

I just have one colony. I have a nano 24 I can put the ZOA in, but I don't have (reef) lights. How long would they need to stay out of the tank? I'm gonna take some pictures of the eggs.

Well not sure exactly, but nudis live several months to a year if I remember right... not sure how long without a food source though which is why I asked. Are these expensive polyps? I don't normally like to trash things but if they are common and not too pricey I would chuck them... go without zoas or palys for a few months... then try again.

If you intend to move corals back and forth from your nano they can hitchhike back at some point. So I think I would just cut my losses and get rid of them all together.

Those don't look like nudi eggs to me. Those look to big... more like a type of snail egg... or possibly a ball anemone. Here's a good example-

Finally got a better picture of the white dots. It seems they like to spread out at night. It kind of looks like an anemone. What do you guys think?
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender2c.jpg
I see some green on the ends too. Hopefully someone can shed some light. :)

Thats a glass or ball anemone.
They kinda looked like nudi eggs when the lights were on. I know I scrubbed like 2 sets of nudi (spiral) eggs of some nearby rocks. I think my zoas are going to survive in my nano. They seem to be opening up. I am going to need better lighting though. Thanks reassuring me! :)