Restarting a Tank need Advice

My current 14 gallon nano that Ive had up for a year has had a severe dinoflagellate issue the last two months. Most my corals have bleached. I have left two corals and two colonies of utter chasos and some other zoas. I bought a 30 gallon JBJ nano recently and I am going to set it up as soon as my sand arrives. I have a few questions:

1. Should I not use any of the current live rock due to the dinoflagellate issue.
2. Should I use any of he sand in my current tank to help cycle my new tank faster.
3. Should I just start fresh and once my tank is cycled transfer everything over?

Any help would be appreciated it.

Thanks guys

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Start new with everything. You don't want to bring any pest (whether algae or critters) to the new tank.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
What about the coral is that okay to transfer if I dip it?
If you do transfer, I would dip it in peroxide to hopefully take care of any algae on there. there may be a chance you'll lose the coral but nothing worse than fighting a constant algae problem

I think generally 10 to 20% of hydrogen peroxide to saltwater is safe. I usually don't measure... just pour a cup of saltwater... a couple swigs of h202 and dip away. the coral will bubble and fix kinda like when you pour it on cuts. Use a tooth brush and scrub the rock and algae away. Like 5 minutes.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Where is a good place to get cheap live rock? I dont wanna pay $6.99 /lb.
Live rock will bring many pest both good and bad. I'd suggest with dry rock. Even though the curing process takes longer, it'll be well worth the wait.
I think Marco Rock is having 15% off it's site right now.
http://www.marcorocks.com/

Depending on what kind of aquascape you're planning for your 30g, I think 20lbs should do.