is my pump big enough

xmas_one

A 1" drain would only take flow like that under a full siphon. Also, I think you mean that the pump is an eheim 1262. What's your setup like? Are you running a manifold or a valve after the pump?

yes it is a 1262 sorry. And its not for my set up, i am selling the pump and someone is asking this question. I don't want to sell something to somebody if its not right for them, so i thought I would ask.

xmas_one

If anything it would be too big for a 1" drain. This is me assuming that if your buyer doesn't know if it's the right pump he probably doesn't know how to set up a 1" drain to work with a pump of that size.

currently running a 1" drain herbie setup, so yes, full siphon. At the moment, my return pump is a cheapo noisy Rio so its on full blast without a valve. looking for something silent and strong enough to power the return along with 2 reactors. thanks for the help.

A 1" drain would only take flow like that under a full siphon. Also, I think you mean that the pump is an eheim 1262. What's your setup like? Are you running a manifold or a valve after the pump?