I didn't even know she was pregnant!

Coelli

Premium Member
Supporter
The little emerald crab we got during the SPS Black Friday sale just gave birth. I was doing my semi-regular lights out stalking and saw her walking around with arms raised; a couple of minutes later I saw her standing at the very top of an orange digitata frag, again with arms raised... Just as I called my boyfriend to see what the weird crab was doing, she started ejecting hundreds of fry. I know it's very unlikely any will survive but that was really cool to watch and the babies look awesome clustered under the moonlight. Happy New Year! :D

Coelli

Premium Member
Supporter
Thats pretty cool I hope some survive.
I was going to transfer all the rock and livestock from that tank to the new one this weekend... Now I feel bad! I'll do it anyway but I'll be wondering if I'm nuking any potential survivors.

I was going to transfer all the rock and livestock from that tank to the new one this weekend... Now I feel bad! I'll do it anyway but I'll be wondering if I'm nuking any potential survivors.
If you keep the tank running you might be able too grow some they very resilient crabs. I had few babies but get eaten but they grew to a big size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tam

Latest posts