Pre-Order: Maxspect Gyre XF130

MarineDepot

Proud Sponsor
Premium sponsor

MarineDepot

Proud Sponsor
Premium sponsor
Also got mine from Marine depot but it seems like mine is DOA. Possible power supply failure.
Is yours up and running ?
I am sorry to hear about this. Did our Customer Service team get you squared away? Let me know if you have any troubles and I will be happy to relay the information to our customer service department.

I am sorry to hear about this. Did our Customer Service team get you squared away? Let me know if you have any troubles and I will be happy to relay the information to our customer service department.

I figured it out. Power brick was good. 3 prong power cable is faulty. Didn't even know those can go bad. :conf44:

BeanMachine

Supporter
[MENTION=844]JOSE CASAS[/MENTION] when I get my xf130 your more than welcome to come by and check it out in person.
Also got mine from Marine depot but it seems like mine is DOA. Possible power supply failure.
Is yours up and running ?
I'm going to finish up tomorrow but added the Gyre XF130... its on constant speed half way or so... too tired to mess with it... still need to hide the cords and put my other MP40 on the back. It works really nice though and I can't hear it at all. Holds just fine on 1/2" glass. Thanks [MENTION=6299]MarineDepot[/MENTION] ! [MENTION=5223]Lexusman25[/MENTION] check it out.

Mine is running and added a lot of flow running at 40%. I didn't like it as the only powerhead in the tank because it just made everything flow one way. So I put my mp10 and jebao rw4 on the opposite side of the gyre to make some turbulence and wave action. Now my softies and gsp sway back and forth.

I think the weakest part of the gyre is the controller. I found it hard to make waves in pulse mode. It's so much easier to make a wave going with my mp10 or jebao. No night mode so it's taking up an outlet on my apex.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Tank Build
Hey guys. If u have an open scape I highly recommend using the alternating gyre mode. Even if u have a center brace attach the gyre to that. Like I did.
http://youtu.be/nB03EG4erpo
Then u will get a gyre that goes clockwise when the pump is in forward. Then counter clockwise when it goes in revere.

Last edited:
My Tank Build
Also if u have space behind the rocks and the back wall put the pump on the back wall vertically and use alternating gyre mode to get the current to change back a fourth.
I've got 2 xf150 on the 300 and both are on alternating gyre mode. I'm so much happier with these 2 gyres then I ever was with the 2 mp60 I had b4.
http://youtu.be/E-0OMEtRuA4

Hey guys. If u have an open scape I highly recommend using the alternating gyre mode. Even if u have a center brace attach the gyre to that. Like I did.
http://youtu.be/nB03EG4erpo
Then u will get a gyre that goes clockwise when the pump is in forward. Then counter clockwise when it goes in revere.
Yea I keep mine on alternating as well

Latest posts