Greetings to all

Damon

Greetings!
My name is Damon and I live in the San Fernando Valley area of California. I've been into this hobby off and on for years. Primarily fresh water until a few years ago. I was telling my wife that I always wanted to have a salt water tank so she encouraged me to invest in one. Cost me a little of 600.00 to get going back then. I have a nice 60 gallon tank with built in sump. I took my time and built it up with live rock and sand. Had all the right stuff. Put in several fish, shrimp and cleaner crew. I made the mistake of putting in aggressive crabs and well I am sure you can imagine what happened over time. By the time I had figured out what was going on, I was dealing with a tank crash. I finally got so despondent about it and my work was demanding more of time than I could give that everything just went completely out of control. I took the tank down.

Now at long last I am getting back into it. This time I am going for coral. Soft corals to start. Not silly enough to jump into the hard corals.

So to that end this is my list of equipment to get.

1. Chiller - Have one. Need to get connectors for it.
2. LED Lighting. Just got this in the mail. I cannot wait to put it up.
3. Mixing containers. I need to find 2 25 gallon containers
4. Better heater. The one I have is questionable
5. Auto-Top-off - Any recommendations on this would be grand.

These things here I spotted online over at Dr. Fosters.
  • Seachem Ammonia Alert Device
  • Hydor Slim Skim Protein Skimmers
  • Reef Gently AccliMate Pro

Can anyone recommend a good test kit for a Coral Reef tank?

Once I get it going again I'll post some pics.

Cheers all!