Here we go! Wish me luck on the big transfer...

Coelli

Premium Member
Supporter
Today's the day. New tank has been up and running for 3 weeks, is cycled and already exploding with pods (it's snowing on the glass). Parameters between the tanks are a close match and I'm just double-checking everything before I drain some water from the new tank and start transferring rock and livestock from the old tank to the new. I'm almost afraid to find out what's under all the rocks... I've never done this so I'm irrationally nervous that I'll kill everything. Good wishes would be appreciated :D

I might be doing this in the near future, did you get new rock or using your old rock ? What did you keep and what did you change

Spinner

Supporter
Good Luck and have FUN!!!
Don't put anything from old to new without rinsing off really well in saltwater first:)

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
Pictures during every step to document and post for.others doing the same in the Future ; )
Good luck on the big transfer.

Coelli

Premium Member
Supporter
I might be doing this in the near future, did you get new rock or using your old rock ? What did you keep and what did you change
I got some new rock because I built a foam/rock wall for the back, and put the leftovers in the sump with a couple of pieces in the display during the cycle. I'm transferring 100% of the old rock to the new tank and sump. I just now started with some of the smaller rocks from the old tank, shook them off really well in the old tank and now I'm taking a break letting the filter floss in the old tank clear the stuff in the water. Also uncovered my sea cucumber so I'm giving him time to crawl back into the rocks. :) This leaves me with 4 more rocks (3 big, one small that my duncans are sitting on). I'm going to blow off the rest of the rocks, let the filter catch up, then shake them and move them one at a time. None of my corals are mounted permanently to the rocks so they'll go next, then the fish and inverts last.

Latest posts