Re doing tank

So my sand is extremely filthy cyano is not going away. Ima remove all the sand and get new live sand.
The question is does cyano stick to rocks or do I need to get rid of them aswell?

cyano is an algae that calcifies into what you see, getting rid of the sand won't get rid of cyano, you need to actually figure out what's causing the high nutrients that's alloying the cyano to flourish.

course, if the cause is because your sand is super dirty and has never been vacuumed, then changing the sand would probably solve it.. :p

You can use a turkey baster to clean rock , you could also turn lights off for couple days some more consistent water changes and you can get rid of it. If it's to much you can siphon some out with water change , and use chemiclean I believe that's what it's called. Should work but makes your skimmer go crazy. Pretty sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong or add to it

cyano is an algae that calcifies into what you see, getting rid of the sand won't get rid of cyano, you need to actually figure out what's causing the high nutrients that's alloying the cyano to flourish.

course, if the cause is because your sand is super dirty and has never been vacuumed, then changing the sand would probably solve it.. :p
+1 to that!! I recently had a problem too, but managing phosphates, and regular gravel cleaning seems to have done the trick. Treating a headache by stubbing your toe seldom makes much of a difference.

You can use a turkey baster to clean rock , you could also turn lights off for couple days some more consistent water changes and you can get rid of it. If it's to much you can siphon some out with water change , and use chemiclean I believe that's what it's called. Should work but makes your skimmer go crazy. Pretty sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong or add to it
Great advice, but the product is called ChemiPure. Also Phosban works great for get rid of phosphates.

Chemipure is a carbon. Chemiclean is something completely different used to get rid of Cyano. I still think you need to fix the root of the problem before throwing chemicals in the tank. Chemiclean is supposedly reef safe however, but still seems like a band-aid.