Cyano Experience

wow, i need to look into this coral snow stuff! also, it makes sense to do morning water changes to siphon it out. i always change water at night when my fiancee and son are asleep and cyano has disappeared without light. was gonna do a water change tonight but will hold off til the morning! thanks for sharing!

ok so i did a quick read from the BRS site. did you just use coral snow by itself? or should i try it with the zeobak or zeo cyano away?

ok so i did a quick read from the BRS site. did you just use coral snow by itself? or should i try it with the zeobak or zeo cyano away?
Yes I used coral snow by itself because zeobak is a form of carbon dosing and I run pellets. The reason zeeobak is suggested is to kickstart your tank with beneficial bacteria which Helps with the breakdown of organic matter. The coral snow begins to bond with organic material and as a result it balances out your tank. The last resort is cyano clean which is a specific bacteria that competes with cyano and rods your tank of it. The problem with this method is that that bacteria will eventually have a dominat strain that will outcompete it and then you are back to start. If the strain stayed active forever we would never see cyano lol