Anyone Have Experience with a Kuiter's Leopard Wrasse?

Just curious. What's your feeding plan? I just purchased norm leopard. I am having luck so far with homemade food. Shrimp loaded with garlic. If it continues I will vary it up with other seafood then mix in pellets and spirulina..hopefully coax him onto just pellets
Hahaha. It's still kicking. That's for sure. Let's see if he survives overnight.

My plan with food is always to try everything I have until it eats. I usually go for brine first, then try mysis, then try ChefZilla's Chowdown and LRS Fish Frenzy and other misc. stuff I have.

Live baby brine is usually what I get small picky fish to eat. I have an ornate in qt right now. It was swimming weird for 2 days bumping into things but yesterday it chilled out and started eating live brine

Update. The Kuiter is now standing/swimming vertically. I guess that's an improvement than swimming belly up horizontally. It's breathing normally. [MENTION=3047]Adrock[/MENTION], any thoughts on this?

when a fish is shipped to you you need to check ph and temp plus salinity of the water drip acclimate in a container till those readings match your tank then add the fish to your tank, I feel acclimation isn't a timed process and a hour and a half may have been too long but not sure since we have no input on the water the fish was shipped in there is not much u can do now

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
There's so many different opinions on acclimation. I've heard from ten minutes to hours. Very confusing.

I'll keep you guys updated.
He already told you, here it is once again... "you need to check ph and temp plus salinity of the water drip acclimate in a container till those readings match your tank then add the fish to your tank" it all depends what the previous tank level levels where. If its was an stablished fish the acclimation would take less than a fish coming from wholesale. Thats just an example.

There's so many different opinions on acclimation. I've heard from ten minutes to hours. Very confusing.

I'll keep you guys updated.
It just depends on how different the bag water is to the tank water. If they are the same then 15 mins of temp acclimation is needed. If they are different in all aspects (ph, salinity, nh3, temp) then it will take more time. Time also depends how much water there is to adjust. If it's 2 gallons of bag water, then it will take longer than time to adjust something less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He already told you, here it is once again... "you need to check ph and temp plus salinity of the water drip acclimate in a container till those readings match your tank then add the fish to your tank" it all depends what the previous tank level levels where. If its was an stablished fish the acclimation would take less than a fish coming from wholesale. Thats just an example.
I got that. I was just saying I heard so many ways of acclimating that it was very confusing as to who to follow.

Cooter is swimming a bit more normal, but it still sort of wants to float. Looks like it's fighting to stay down at the bottom. It's a huge improvement from last night. I released him from the breeder's net in hopes he finds the sand I left in the QT.

The ornate I have liked playing in the bubbles from an airstone, which made it look like she was floating or bobbing for air. First night I found her on her back gasping, ended up being that she was just sleeping funny. A few days later she found the sand and has been going in at night ever since.

hopefully with little improvements daily your fish will make it and be normal by the end of the week. I doubt they sent you a visibly sick fish so I wouldn't rush to put in meds yet, it's just getting use to the tank.

So how much was the total for a kuiters? You had to pay shipping for the replacements right?

I got that. I was just saying I heard so many ways of acclimating that it was very confusing as to who to follow.
well not really because you want to match three thing no matter what any one has said ph temp and salinity there is no time frame or set standard because this my vary

The ornate I have liked playing in the bubbles from an airstone, which made it look like she was floating or bobbing for air. First night I found her on her back gasping, ended up being that she was just sleeping funny. A few days later she found the sand and has been going in at night ever since.

hopefully with little improvements daily your fish will make it and be normal by the end of the week. I doubt they sent you a visibly sick fish so I wouldn't rush to put in meds yet, it's just getting use to the tank.

So how much was the total for a kuiters? You had to pay shipping for the replacements right?
It was $169 and free shipping since I had free shipping on the original order with something from Diver's Den.

The cooter is still alive in my QT. It's now swimming normally. It kind of picks at ROE/Pod mix. Hopefully, it'll start eating soon.