36" LED Powermodule- What would you do?

if i were to ever get any other light id get the 24" power module for my 36" inch tank. 8 bulbs too sounds like plenty of light! go go go!

For me, I would keep the existing fixture. Plus when replacing the bulbs you're going to have to change out 8 compared to 6 bulbs.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
If you get a shorter fixture, then you'll actually have to set up your light for your nano.

row12

I have the 8x80 watt ATI LED Powermodule on my 280 gallon. I love the features of the fixture even though the 80watt model is not dimmable. The dusk and dawn features on the LED clusters is amazing and I like how you can control the intensity and color spectrum of the LEDs. Endless possibilities with this light fixture. I'm not too familiar with other LED fixtures as I went from a ATI T5 powermodule to a ATI LED Powermodule. The standard powermodule is a great fixture as well, but I would consider the LED powermodule an upgrade.

Just curious why you want to swap it out? is the 48 inch fixture not meeting your lighting needs? Or do you want it just so you can have leds on there. Keep in mind the T5s are far superior than the LEDs at providing your corals the correct spectrum. The only reason people jumped into this LED craze was the lower power consumption and lower power bills. Some will argue the "shimmer effect" as well. I guess I just dont see the point in switching if you tank is healthy and happy just for the sake of it. The light you have now is a better light...

I'd add the Reefbrites to your current 48" T5's and call it a day. When they're on before and after your T5's...that will give you the time you want with that crazy color pop and you wouldn't want that all day anyways. I'm kind of doing that now...all blues on early and late without my T5's. I love it. Leave the Reefbrites on the entire light cycle to add to your T5's. You won't get much shimmer but it will help add some color pop. Save your money until you're really serious and then get exactly what you want.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Just curious why you want to swap it out? is the 48 inch fixture not meeting your lighting needs? Or do you want it just so you can have leds on there. Keep in mind the T5s are far superior than the LEDs at providing your corals the correct spectrum. The only reason people jumped into this LED craze was the lower power consumption and lower power bills. Some will argue the "shimmer effect" as well. I guess I just dont see the point in switching if you tank is healthy and happy just for the sake of it. The light you have now is a better light...
I think he wants is corals to glow in the dark with the LEDs.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I'd add the Reefbrites to your current 48" T5's and call it a day. When they're on before and after your T5's...that will give you the time you want with that crazy color pop and you wouldn't want that all day anyways. I'm kind of doing that now...all blues on early and late without my T5's. I love it. Leave the Reefbrites on the entire light cycle to add to your T5's. You won't get much shimmer but it will help add some color pop. Save your money until you're really serious and then get exactly what you want.
This is what I did. I colors of the corals pop but I still get my 14k look.