Test kit recommendations?

RonaldoH

So I need to get my first test kit, I was planning on the API saltwater master kit but I've read the quality isn't great, anyone have recommendations?

Salifert makes good reliable test kits. I'd recommend the red sea test kits, but I just got one and don't even want to deal with it's complexity.

Hate APi! I started w that and found it to be WAY off , and a waste of money really. So Same here! I went from the Salifert ( which I loved) to red sea.. but since it is kind of a time suck.. I am going back to salifert and will use the red sea to confirm now and then , or if there is an issue ( since it is slightly more precise.. IF you do it correctly)

RonaldoH

I might take you up on that, Id like to see it in person. Looks like salifert is the way to go though, do they make a kit with the basic tests like API? I couldn't find one.

Funny i have api, red sea, an the Hanna ones.. Both api an Hanna were the closest while red sea to me was off by 3 numbers compared to api and Hanna which were both just single digits off from each other..

I'd just like to add that I totally forgot about Hanna! I use Hanna for alk and phosphate. And for nitrates, pH, and magnesium I use salifert.