Jebao RW-4 - JBJ Nanocube 28 gallon

mrextc

My koralia powerhead stopped working...picked up a Jebao RW-4 for my nanocube. My wife would divorce me if i spend $200 on a MP-10. I have no experience with an MP-10, but i want to share my feedback on this particular wavemaker if anyone was considering on purchasing one.

It was super easy to install. Its looks similar to the MP-10 except the mechanical side in inside the water. I didn't mind that because i have the magnet on the inside of the built in filtration system.

I only have it at about 40% of maximum capacity. Its virtually silent on the wave mode. Once you crank it past 50% you can hear a little pulse of the motor. I have a HOB skimmer, so it wouldnt not really noticeable unless the skimmer is off.

The waves are nice, much better than having just a regular powerhead that is just on all the time.

This unit also has a night mode, which will power to lowest setting in the evening. I think its nice because it saves a little power and gives the corals a little rest. Even on the lowest setting there is plenty of flow in the tank.

Just like the MP-10 there is also a feed mode, which will turn the powerhead off for 10 mins while feeding.

As far as durability goes, that will be seen in the months to come. Hope you found this reivew benficial.

Pros -
Small
Powerful
Makes nice waves
Corals like
CHEAP - $60 on amazon.

Cons
maybe more built in modes
the random mode doesn't seem to do anything

My koralia powerhead stopped working...picked up a Jebao RW-4 for my nanocube. My wife would divorce me if i spend $200 on a MP-10. I have no experience with an MP-10, but i want to share my feedback on this particular wavemaker if anyone was considering on purchasing one.

It was super easy to install. Its looks similar to the MP-10 except the mechanical side in inside the water. I didn't mind that because i have the magnet on the inside of the built in filtration system.

I only have it at about 40% of maximum capacity. Its virtually silent on the wave mode. Once you crank it past 50% you can hear a little pulse of the motor. I have a HOB skimmer, so it wouldnt not really noticeable unless the skimmer is off.

The waves are nice, much better than having just a regular powerhead that is just on all the time.

This unit also has a night mode, which will power to lowest setting in the evening. I think its nice because it saves a little power and gives the corals a little rest. Even on the lowest setting there is plenty of flow in the tank.

Just like the MP-10 there is also a feed mode, which will turn the powerhead off for 10 mins while feeding.

As far as durability goes, that will be seen in the months to come. Hope you found this reivew benficial.

Pros -
Small
Powerful
Makes nice waves
Corals like
CHEAP - $60 on amazon.

Cons
maybe more built in modes
the random mode doesn't seem to do anything
Sorry to dig up an old post.. but is Jabeo still working out for you? I am debating picking up one of these for my JBJ 28.

Thanks

Sorry to dig up an old post.. but is Jabeo still working out for you? I am debating picking up one of these for my JBJ 28.

Thanks
I have a mp10 thats a lil noisy but works great if you want it ill give it to ya cheap cheap cheap need to sell some stuff for rap

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

mrextc

yup, its working great, and for the price really can't beat it...just cleaning it up and moving it to a larger tank now...it was more than plenty on medium on my nanocube...just posted the nanocube on craigslist.