Intro

maze531

Hello all I am Robert I love fish and pretty much anything that has to do with fish.

I have been into freshwater for over 20 years I have a 150 African cichlid tank a 125 SA Discus tank and a 11000 gallon pond.

My wife talked me into getting her a salt water tank back in August always stayed away from them because they seemed pricy. Well I wasn't wrong about that but I'm hooked.

We now have a 125 gallon mixed reef tank 40 gal sump system and a 20 gal display fuge.

I started with a set up I found on Craigslist great price but needed a lot of work and made the mistake of using the sand "high nitrates" got to learn somewhere right.

Had some issues at the beginning but things are starting to do pretty good.

Here are a few pictures of our reef will take some more recent one and post as soon as I can. Also let me know if you want to see any of my other tanks not going to put them up as they are fresh water but if you want I will.

Oh I'm having a cyno problem right now I think it might be from high nitrates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Robert. Your tank looks nice. Thanks for sharing. I'd like to see your Koi Pond if you have any pictures of that.

maze531

Older pic of my koi pond I need to take some new pics but need to clean up the winter junk first.

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Older pic of my koi pond I need to take some new pics but need to clean up the winter junk first.

Can you go swimming in that thing?? lol looks beautiful!

maze531

Yeah I go in it every weekend in the summer got to play with the fish and clean out the stuff that blows in it.

I would say it's about a 1/4 of my back yard.

It has a runner liner. That black plastic stuff is a waste of money it will crack in a couple years and you have to start all over. The rubber liner I bought is rated for atleast 20 years.

sweet... love your pond... i used to have two 7000 gallon ponds and one 14000 pond too... but my nephew and his friends killed all my fish, then i got rid of them when i adopted my kids... they didn't let me keep them... i'm ready to make a 28,000g pond i the back yard soon... i have pumps, venturi filters and everything... i just need some good 'ole hole diggers...

and welcome...

welcome, Robert! awesome pond! always wanted a pond, but no space:Cry: I'm liking the thought of a display fuge and plan on setting one up down the road.

maze531

One thing about the display fuge is don't get fooled by the lfs and put "a cool looking crab" in there because he eat my macro algae lol i do like the coral banded shrimp and the flame scallop that I have in there though.

maze531

Just wanted to say I started a build thread under the large tank section Almost down with the build hoping to start filling the 360 gallon tank this weekend. Man that's going to take a week. Lol