What is this!

Sdudley67

Was checking out my tank after dark. Wanted to see all my copepods running around. Which I saw a huge amount. What I also saw was some weird stuff. I really have no idea what I am looking at. Below are the pictures ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422083101.104080.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422083110.757980.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was good for the tank other than maybe growing where you don't want it....some angels only eat sponges.

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
Sponges do not cause any harm. They will help filter your water. If you really want to remove it take the rock out and expose the sponge to air. While in the air. Stab it with something and I bet you it'll be gone in a few days.

www.LAreefsociety.org

there is a slimy fungus that you should watch out for... it kind of looks like that but with no holes or anything... sponges are cool.. especially that one.. usually grows in dark places... but the slimy fungus looks the same, and will take over corals...

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
there is a slimy fungus that you should watch out for... it kind of looks like that but with no holes or anything... sponges are cool.. especially that one.. usually grows in dark places... but the slimy fungus looks the same, and will take over corals...
I've seen people post that before. Didn't know it was a fungus. Just thought it might have been a certain type of sponge

www.LAreefsociety.org

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
ranges from clear, yellow, brown and red... also, stringy...

you can also kill some sponges that are invasive with peroxide too... but the results might vary...
oh yea that stuff ive seen. could have sworn theres another that looks like a large sponge as well.

Latest posts