Red Sea NoPox users

Well, today is officially the 2nd week of dosing NoPox. Tested Nitrate today and it didn't make any difference:( I am currently dosing 10ml for my 150g daily. Should I increase it now to 20ml? I started the 1st week with 20ml but the water got cloudy so I reduced it to 10ml this week. Any suggestions or comments are welcome. It makes me want to give up but I know I shouldn't
you need to rev it up every 3 days until you see nitrate going down then you dose lower as you see nitrates at 0.02 then stablize. I have a 120 gallon and I'm stable at 18ml a day medium bio load.

Top pic before NoPox you can really tell the difference in water clarity. ��

View attachment 41552
in your picture comparison you can notice your corals look much more happier/healthier after dosing NoPoX. you should see how fat and fluffy mine are after 1 1/2 months of dosing NoPoX, and my growth rate is through the roof

you need to rev it up every 3 days until you see nitrate going down then you dose lower as you see nitrates at 0.02 then stablize. I have a 120 gallon and I'm stable at 18ml a day medium bio load.

in your picture comparison you can notice your corals look much more happier/healthier after dosing NoPoX. you should see how fat and fluffy mine are after 1 1/2 months of dosing NoPoX, and my growth rate is through the roof
I want to do that but I'm afraid the water will get cloudy again. I want to make sure I'm not shocking the system

Well, today is officially the 2nd week of dosing NoPox. Tested Nitrate today and it didn't make any difference:( I am currently dosing 10ml for my 150g daily. Should I increase it now to 20ml? I started the 1st week with 20ml but the water got cloudy so I reduced it to 10ml this week. Any suggestions or comments are welcome. It makes me want to give up but I know I shouldn't
Top pic before NoPox you can really tell the difference in water clarity. ��

View attachment 41552
I want to do that but I'm afraid the water will get cloudy again. I want to make sure I'm not shocking the system
How old did you say your display has been up?

Both of course who wouldn't want low nitrates and clear water?;)
What testing kit are you using? Maybe you should bring a water sample to a LFS to double check on your reading. I also get cloudy water and recently notice some angels are having HLLE symptoms, which is known to be related to carbon and this nopox is carbon dosing. I will either email or call RedSea on Monday to see if they have an explanation for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What testing kit are you using? Maybe you should bring a water sample to a LFS to double check on your reading. I also get cloudy water and recently notice some angels are having HLLE symptoms, which is known to be related to carbon and this nopox is carbon dosing. I will either email or call RedSea on Monday to see if they have an explanation for both.

Been using API nitrate test for years and I'll take a sample to LFS and see

Been using API nitrate test for years and I'll take a sample to LFS and see
Same here but it will at least confirm whether or not your reading is correct and that will factor in your decision making on how much to dose. Good luck and pls update on what you find out.

Same here but it will at least confirm whether or not your reading is correct and that will factor in your decision making on how much to dose. Good luck and pls update on what you find out.

I will definitely keep you guys posted

It is important to take note that in the above tutorial about NoPoX, he is concerned with Coral only. With a large bio load you can't have the levels he recommends or all your chaeto will be dead. It may also effect certain fish or invertebrates that depend on Nitrates to live. I'm not saying that info is wrong just not totally what you are dealing with, as in a large bio load.

It is important to take note that in the above tutorial about NoPoX, he is concerned with Coral only. With a large bio load you can't have the levels he recommends or all your chaeto will be dead. It may also effect certain fish or invertebrates that depend on Nitrates to live. I'm not saying that info is wrong just not totally what you are dealing with, as in a large bio load.
I know I agree I'll be happy if I can get my Nitrates down to 20ppm as that would be acceptable for the types of corals I have. Also, I have a few big fishes and I feed heavily.

Update: Well, I took a sample of my water to the LFS and sure enough it's the same reading:( So, I can rule out the type of tester I use. I did a 25g water change yesterday and another 30g today, at this point I just don't know what to do anymore:a43:

Latest posts