another salt thread

JDEllis

Owner @ Ellis Aquatics
Supporter
Used pretty much everything on the market today, and some you cant even get anymore...always had the best success with H2Ocean (preference and current salt) or Red Sea Pro (secondary choice), Even with our stocked tanks, little to no dosing required

Anyone want to GRB a couple boxes of io? Big Al's has it for 34.99 no tax. We can have marine depot match it with free shipping if over 175. I need Salt soon to launch my 250g+ system.

If anyone's got old expired clumpy salt laying around and local. Pm me please. Need it to cycle.

I run Tropic Marin Then switch to Red Sea coral pro and crash my tank with high Alk swing. I'm back to TM and dosing two part. I keep my Alk between 8-9

When in first started I used Catalina water. My sps were bright and colorful. I took my brothers browned out stuff and they colored up like crazy. I swjtched to tropic marine and my sps cr@pped out and turned brown. They never really Came back even though I dosed kalk, turbo calcium and magnesium, iodine.

When in first started I used Catalina water. My sps were bright and colorful. I took my brothers browned out stuff and they colored up like crazy. I swjtched to tropic marine and my sps cr@pped out and turned brown. They never really Came back even though I dosed kalk, turbo calcium and magnesium, iodine.
Lucky you leave near the ocean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was probably buying the Catalina water from a store, I doubt he was collecting it himself.

He was probably buying the Catalina water from a store, I doubt he was collecting it himself.

What he said ^^^

The ocean water I live near kills people. The fish will never survive.

I stopped swimming at the beach back in high school. A large section of HB was shut down for many years. Not sure if you all remember. But I recall them saying the water was dirtier then sewage water. My gym teacher once said he never swam again after he saw a big chucnk of poop floating next to him. I think the sanitation department only pumped sewage a mile or 2 off the coast. Therefore we were all swimming In poop.

Last edited:

All Delight

im happy with D&D, been using it for years. Came from TMP bio active, nearly crashed my tank. Used TMP for years that was great too.

IO is a good economical solution

Started out using rc 1-2 years back with rc. Switched it up to Red Sea coral pro and had better results with the rc. Switching it back up to rc on my new build.

Latest posts