Gold Torch and Gonipora

Does anyone have success to Pink with Yellow Center or Rainbow Gonipora and Gold Torch? I bought one Pink with Yellow Gonipora and Gold Torch from AquaSD before. They died a week later.

I also bought Gold Torches from Age of Aquarium before. They lasted about 3 to 4 months. They eat mysis shrimp initially and eventually stop eating and died. My other corals were doing fine and parameter in check.

If you have experience keeping those corals long term, please share your experience in terms of food, lighting, flow requirement, etc.

Also, if you have any established Gold Torches and rainbow or pink with yellow center goni that live in your tank for more than a year, pm me.

Thanks.

I feed mines phyto feast.. By the way goni's are sensitive to the oils in our hands an could always sometimes kill it off that side that was touched

Collected a 7-8 varieties of gonioporas about a year and a half ago.. mostly small frags. about half perished, but 4 have thrived.. fragged 3 of them recently. most places have chopped up wild colonies: chances of keeping those alive in the long run is slim, ime..

DSC_0315.jpg

Oh.. I feed a slurry of mixed reefroids, gonio power and nls micro feeder weekly.. along with plenty of fish poop. Lol..

I don't know how accurate this is, but Brian over at IGC was telling me how Indo Gold Torch don't do as well in our tanks and that Aussie Gold Torch do better.

Ive kept both goni and gold torch for over a year no problem. I don't have any "secret" to share though. My gold torch is an Ausie so that may have something to do with it. I do feed my entire tank every other day with cyclopeze soaked in vitachem and garlic at night time

A friend gave me a pink with yellow/orange center a few months ago and it has been happy in my tank. This one, I was told is a tank raise. I feed coral frenzy and goni food a few times a week. Jesse, tangwich, gave me his pink with blue center and it was very happy when I fed every day. It is not so happy now as I only feed 1-2 times a week most and not even target feed it. Jesse, take it back before I kill it :)

A friend gave me a pink with yellow/orange center a few months ago and it has been happy in my tank. This one, I was told is a tank raise. I feed coral frenzy and goni food a few times a week. Jesse, tangwich, gave me his pink with blue center and it was very happy when I fed every day. It is not so happy now as I only feed 1-2 times a week most and not even target feed it. Jesse, take it back before I kill it :)

Thanks for sharing your experience everyone. I will be sure to check out Aussie Gold Torch and I decide not to get a goni because I only feed my tank once a week to keep the water parameter on spot as I have a very small tank with 8 gallon net water volume to be exact.

I too have an Aussie Gold Torch, but it's fairly new to my tank.. around 2 weeks old. But as far as I know, it's doing pretty good. My tank is LPS dominated, and I have never fed my corals. I also have a goniopora, and I never fed it. It's growing pretty fast; it's polyps doubled in length and in numbers. I only had it for around 5 months so idk (It's brown with Green tips)

Latest posts