Microbacter7 users

Is it a must to turn your skimmer off for 4 hours after every dose of Microbacter7? What are the pros and cons of leaving it on or turning it off?

Is it a must to turn your skimmer off for 4 hours after every dose of Microbacter7? What are the pros and cons of leaving it on or turning it off?
It will make your skimmer to go crazy. The best way I've found is to dose at night with the skimmer off or placed on a timer. Livestock produce less waste at night, unless you have nocturnal species. Thus 4 hours of no skimming will be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It adds in beneficial element to your biological filtration and using mechanical filtration devices like skimmer and UV will either reduce the effect or eliminate it completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recommend using a piece of raw shrimp every once in a while to tell you the truth. Most of it will be eaten by the living creatures and what is not being eaten visibly will eventually cause the smaller creatures to feed. Have used this product but I would rely on natural food to beef up the denitrifying system. Good luck with the product.

Larry

Latest posts