rookie question again..

That's exactly what I did, I have a 28g jbj I still need to clean and set up! That one will b a reef, softy simple coral, Zoas, acan & shrooms. Gonna transfer my pair of blackice clowns from my main, add a goby/shrimp pair. This hobby just milks my money away and cAnt seem to finish one or the other lol. Well good stock list bud! Good luck when u get going, it's always difficult to stare at an empty tank in the beginning
hahahahhaha I'm already impatient as it is..this hobby takes it to a whole new level. this hobby also creates hoarders out of ordinary people. lmao.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
I'm the same way, or at least was. This hobby taught me and my wallet patients really quick! Add things slowly, check your parameters, buy from trusted sources, buy quality the 1st time around and quarantine. Those are the major lessons I've learned over the last 2 years. With the money I've dumped into this hobby through trying to save a buck and upgrading later I could have a killer stocked 200g system or 2nd car! :madgrin:

I still hate the waiting game with the cycle and go with Dr.Tim's one and only bacteria. Turns a month+ into a < week. I've used it on my last 2 start ups with dry rock/live sand and never looked back, corals and fish right away. never had a ammonia cycle either. Just some nitrates. Not really cheap by any means. But at 17 days, your almost there and should just wait it out! If you haven't started a build thread consider it. Very cool to look back and see the progression of your tank. Also helps to get input from some of the more experienced reefers here.

I'm the same way, or at least was. This hobby taught me and my wallet patients really quick! Add things slowly, check your parameters, buy from trusted sources, buy quality the 1st time around and quarantine. Those are the major lessons I've learned over the last 2 years. With the money I've dumped into this hobby through trying to save a buck and upgrading later I could have a killer stocked 200g system or 2nd car! :madgrin:

I still hate the waiting game with the cycle and go with Dr.Tim's one and only bacteria. Turns a month+ into a < week. I've used it on my last 2 start ups with dry rock/live sand and never looked back, corals and fish right away. never had a ammonia cycle either. Just some nitrates. Not really cheap by any means. But at 17 days, your almost there and should just wait it out! If you haven't started a build thread consider it. Very cool to look back and see the progression of your tank. Also helps to get input from some of the more experienced reefers here.
I appreciate the support and advice. I used microbacter 7 but I'm guessing Dr. Tim's should've been the route. I definitely will go that route next build. I sort of started a build thread in the welcome mat section. check it out when you get a sec. nothing fancy but i'm proud of it because of all the hard work and time put into it.

Latest posts