Pt ich or not

I just feel like your going to spend all that time treating the sick one, whether it be with meds or the TTM and then your going to put it right back into your tank with the parasites.

He's not going back in unless the tank is ich free.. I guess I am just hoping that it's not ich.. I know for sure I had an ich free tank prior. I had a yellow tang in the qt for a few months prior to getting him. Night before I got him I put the yellow in sump.. The guy I got purple from swore he had it for one year and it never had ich.. I know there are a lot of idiots who lie.. But I believe this guy.. Just a character thing.. I have a Crap ton of white particles floating around my tank.. Nobody else has anything.. Needless to say I'm going to watch everything and if I need to move all my fish to my three qt I will

WayneL333

If you look at his tail, you can kind of see white shadowy spots. It's been my experience that that's where the ich had preveliously attached to and detached. I would continue with the ttm to be on the safe side. That's a great sign that they've all detached already. He should pull through with no problems.

Don't know about the stringy poop...maybe more seaweed veggies??? j/k

He has stopped eating and noticed he his breathing a bit fast... Not sure if the stress from the move or ich in gills. I've got an airstones in tank and watching what happens. Will do first water change Sunday morning

zigginit

I would use a garlic in your food and a cleaner shrimp to pick the ich off. think natural man. iv had ich a few times and cleaner shrimp helped a good bit. I left them in the tank and it went away on its own. fish never got it again because they were happy and healthy in the tank. moving them from tank to tank is stressful and thus makes them open to attack. or just nuke them with copper and call it a day.

Last edited:
Right now he is breathing heavy and bouncing around tank.. Is there anything you guys have done for a fish doing this that helps them make it through it? In my experience this always means the end is near..

I did a 30 minutes dip in formaline last night he was looking Ok then came home from work he had pinched himself under the PVC and had these white marks.. I move PVC and he swam around Pissed off..

Is there an quick way to get the ich off?

zigginit

you have to keep him in the treated water and turn the heater up so it speeds the cycle up of the ick so you can kill them faster. take the water to like 80. ick has a much faster life cycle in warmer water.

My water temp is 81 right now, but I decided to go with Hypo as opposed to ttm. I've been lowering my salinity slowly he is a little more responsive swimming around.. Still has ich on him.

Update : salinity is at 1.10 still slowly going down to 1.09. Ich is dropping off and fish started picking and eating this morning... I'm preparing to do a water change as I write this... The reason I decided to go Hypo route as opposed to ttm was I felt the ich had advanced to far and I wasn't sure if I would be able to save him. Also the fact I can't use display water because it's questionable.. So i opted on Hypo.. I'm watching my display hourly and have not noticed any signs of ich. No scratching or spots or heavy breathing...

Latest posts