First big tank build 247g upgrade

805reef

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice tank! I am going to be doing a similar build soon (80x36x24) also peninsula. I was thinking of going rimless but then chose not too. I did get a quote from reef savvy on rimless and they said at that size they could do it with 3/4" and 22" tall, so exactly what you have. I would feel comfortable with it if I were you.

Looking forward to following your build!

So this weekend I got a little closer to getting my tank wet. Plumbing finished and light hung from the ceiling. It just so happened that where I put my tank I got lucky with where the studs were. Was a little nervous about hanging a light from the drywall with toggle bolts. Glad I didn't have to. This thing is pretty heavy.

Riblet

Premium Member
Supporter
So this weekend I got a little closer to getting my tank wet. Plumbing finished and light hung from the ceiling. It just so happened that where I put my tank I got lucky with where the studs were. Was a little nervous about hanging a light from the drywall with toggle bolts. Glad I didn't have to. This thing is pretty heavy.

Nice job!

What light is that? Very clean build

What's your plan with the stand? Leave it open?
Thanks! The light is a 60" ATI Powermodule Light Fixture, 4x75W LED & 8x80W T5.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to leave the stand open. If I can keep it clean lol. I have this idea of throwing a frag tank next to my sump and plumbing them together.

Just started adding water to the tank! Going to take a couple days to fill. Haven't come up with a aquascape yet. Curious what would be best for a peninsula tank? Here is a picture of the rock I have to work with. If you have any suggestions for a nice scape let me know. Thanks

I put a piece of rock from the 135 cube into the tank. Also took those eco blocks from my sump and put them in the new sump for the skimmer to sit on. Along with a couple little raw shrimp