New Halo LED

AquaticLife

Hello SCR!

We are excited to announce the release of the Halo LED in the coming weeks. The Halo is a pendant style fixture with a 25 LED array under a single lens. If you are curious about the PAR values you can view them here if you scroll down to page 3 and 4.

The Halo Deluxe model with on board controller will retail for $349
The Halo Basic model will retail for $249

http://www.aquaticlife.com/sites/default/files/specsheets/Halo Marine Specs.pdf

Also here is a brief video explaining the functions of the Halo LED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3kFDe5Obs8

Check with your preferred vendor for availability.

organism

2020 POTM
I would love to see this fixture get promoted more, I'm using it for SPS and getting some crazy colors and growth from it. It technically "competes" with the Kessil on paper but having owned the Kessil this thing's about 2-3x brighter and cleaner colors. There's no comparison at all it makes the Kessil look like a glorified light bulb. No one's getting colors like this off one Kessil:

yup, i love mine... but my tank isn't doing well, so no pictures... LOL>.. but i love the color... and it does cool tricks...

[MENTION=6242]AquaticLife[/MENTION] [MENTION=44]organism[/MENTION], [MENTION=654]lowbudget[/MENTION]: so I think the Deluxe model cannot be controlled by a controller like Apex, RKE, can the basic model be? The input and output holes of the basic Halo look kind of like the Kessil. I would imagine they are using ground and 0-10V variable control. I cannot find anything regarding this info on the manual.

Thanks

organism

2020 POTM
No clue, I know there's only one 1/4" cord that connects the units so if the controller can run all that info in only one cord then... maybe. I dunno.

Do you have that cable, the one from the deluxe to the basic? If so, please post a picture. thank you

No clue, I know there's only one 1/4" cord that connects the units so if the controller can run all that info in only one cord then... maybe. I dunno.

Wow, Are these just actual photos under light [MENTION=44]organism[/MENTION]? meaning any editing/ filters?. If they are untouched its freeking amazing for what the halo light can do.

AquaticLife.com does not have much info or I suck at looking for information! premiumaquatics.com does post this info for the basic model, so I think you can control the basic Halo with a controller like an Apex or RK or ReefAngle....!
"The HALO Basic may be controlled using the HALO Deluxe, an Aquarium Controller with a 0 to 10-volt Output, or another controllable light fixture with a 0 to 10-volt Output."
https://premiumaquatics.com/products/aquaticlife-halo-basic-marine-led-m80-fixture.html

The basic Halo seems to be more efficient for the people with an existing controller.....no need to worry about power outage or settings

organism

2020 POTM
Wow, Are these just actual photos under light [MENTION=44]organism[/MENTION]? meaning any editing/ filters?. If they are untouched its freeking amazing for what the halo light can do.
I don't do picture shenanigans, amazing is what the light does to LPS

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
AquaticLife.com does not have much info or I suck at looking for information! premiumaquatics.com does post this info for the basic model, so I think you can control the basic Halo with a controller like an Apex or RK or ReefAngle....!
"The HALO Basic may be controlled using the HALO Deluxe, an Aquarium Controller with a 0 to 10-volt Output, or another controllable light fixture with a 0 to 10-volt Output."
https://premiumaquatics.com/products/aquaticlife-halo-basic-marine-led-m80-fixture.html

The basic Halo seems to be more efficient for the people with an existing controller.....no need to worry about power outage or settings
My guess it it uses the same cable as the kessil. It would be nice to see the actual cable confirm this.
i know they are working on it to be controllable.

robert_ellis

Premium Member
Supporter
The basics are controllable and the cable is identical to the Kessil supposedly but I've never seen a Kessil cable so take it for what it's worth. It's just a headphone style plug from light to light.

AquaticLife

Just to let you know, I have tested the HALO basic with the DA Archon and it works no problem. I have been working on connecting my Apex to them and it has worked but I cannot seem to keep my Apex connected here at work. Must be my firewall or something not allowing me to stay connected.

The Halo Basic uses the 0 -10V two channels in the single cable, one for the white and one for the blue. Since the HALO can drop the output down to around 2% you can also set it up with moonlight on the controllers. Just drop the blue channels down to the % you want and the time.

I have been using the Kessil cable for the Apex.

There is a youtube video on how to program the Kessils using Apex from the BRS guys. I think we can just copy that for the Halo.

Just to let you know, I have tested the HALO basic with the DA Archon and it works no problem. I have been working on connecting my Apex to them and it has worked but I cannot seem to keep my Apex connected here at work. Must be my firewall or something not allowing me to stay connected.

The Halo Basic uses the 0 -10V two channels in the single cable, one for the white and one for the blue. Since the HALO can drop the output down to around 2% you can also set it up with moonlight on the controllers. Just drop the blue channels down to the % you want and the time.

I have been using the Kessil cable for the Apex.

Latest posts