Apex and wireless question

I set my apex up at home and connected to fusion, which is awesome. I then took the apex to the office, I purchased the netgear wireless adapter and I want to connect it to the wireless network here. Before I burn hours and give myself an ulcer, is that possible? Anyone have any good links on how to get that done? I've searched and found a few article about it can be done, but I need as close to step by step as possible. Alteratively, if anyone in the Santa Ana area knows how to do this and wants food in return I'm glad to work a deal.

FYI, I can only connect to the wireless via a laptop, I don't have access to the wireless router itself.

D

As long as you can connect to the wireless adapter, you don't need access to the router. My advice would be to follow the netgear directions carefully to set up the adapter, and then set up your apex with a static IP and making the gateway address of the apex your wireless game adapter IP.

All you need to link your router to your gaming adapter is your wifi password. Once you setup the gaming adapter, you should be able to use it as a gateway for your apex.

You don't need access to the wireless router other than having the wifi password to connect the gaming adapter to. My advice would be to follow the netgear directions carefully to set up the adapter, and then set up your apex with a static IP and making the gateway address of the apex your wireless game adapter IP.

All you need to link your router to your gaming adapter is your wifi password. Once you setup the gaming adapter, you should be able to use it as a gateway for your apex.

It should work. However you should get the wifi devices that are recommended by apex to make it easy for you.... After that it is basic network configuration.

The netgear adapter seemed to be popular, but each article I found referenced port forwarding and such. I'm going to take it home to my house, get it programmed, including the feeder and then bring it back, so all I have to worry about is getting is setup. I couldn't figure out via the display interface how to program the feeder for what I want to do, 3 single rotations per day, but via fusion it looks easy. I like the fusion so much I might swap out my RKE at home for another Apex.

Latest posts