Post Hoe?

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Talking about [MENTION=654]lowbudget[/MENTION]? lol but its true tho. Many here complain about not having good topics or derails but they don't say anything when it comes to "my way is the only way". Our tanks are all different and have different "personalities" as Mr. Saltwater puts it. It could work for me but not to the guy next door. Very good read. Thanks Vu!

Talking about [MENTION=654]lowbudget[/MENTION]? lol but its true tho. Many here complain about not having good topics or derails but they don't say anything when it comes to "my way is the only way". Our tanks are all different and have different "personalities" as Mr. Saltwater puts it. It could work for me but not to the guy next door. Very good read. Thanks Vu!
hahaha! not talking about anyone in particular. just interesting read from an OG guy that I thought was worth sharing.

This. And if they do, they'll never say it's the only way.
Yo Omar! Hope all is well. Not sure if you remember but I got a rock from you a while back when you broke down. I really wanted only one thing on the rock, the rainbow monti, and you said there was a couple other pieces on there that might still make it. I found a brown nub and chipped it off and now it's this. Been chopped a few times because it was zapping other surrounding pieces but it's a looker, at least for me it is :)

Let me know if you want a piece back when you get a tank going.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
hahaha! not talking about anyone in particular. just interesting read from an OG guy that I thought was worth sharing.
we all know you were talking about [MENTION=6904]Zoarder[/MENTION] he was the first one to raise his hand in the thread.

Yo Omar! Hope all is well. Not sure if you remember but I got a rock from you a while back when you broke down. I really wanted only one thing on the rock, the rainbow monti, and you said there was a couple other pieces on there that might still make it. I found a brown nub and chipped it off and now it's this. Been chopped a few times because it was zapping other surrounding pieces but it's a looker, at least for me it is :)

Let me know if you want a piece back when you get a tank going.

That thing is AWESOME! I'm glad it went to a great home!

I liked this read....
Many years ago, I worked at a LFS. We were one of the few good ones (IMO) that were around in those days. We, very successfully I might add, had some really nice reef tanks. Granted, they were 99% LPS. I can honestly say that SOO much has changed since those days, but an old adage I used to tell my customers still holds true today:

Ask 10 different people about their success and why, you'll get 11 different answers.

I have more than a basic understanding of how all this stuff works, but still feel the need to ask for opinions of people who I believe have me and my tank's best interest in mind. I really think that's how all of us should go about reefing. Every tank and therefore every scenario is different, but that said, there are general truths that can be held to......Most of the time....

Last edited:

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
in the early years of reefing i always ask for advice and look at other peoples tank see what is working and whats not working for them. i try different pieces of information of each person and try to find my own way. gcarrol, jose casas, hugo, leo, and aaron were the brains were the ones i picked and still trying to figure out what works and what doesnt. one thing i learn is sticks can magicall turn white over night. hahahah and nothing you can do about it
I liked this read....
Many years ago, I worked at a LFS. We were one of the few good ones (IMO) that were around in those days. We, very successfully I might add, had some really nice reef tanks. Granted, they were 99% LPS. I can honestly say that SOO much has changed since those days, but an old adage I used to tell my customers still holds true today:

Ask 10 different people about their success and why, you'll get 11 different answers.

I have more than a basic understanding of how all this stuff works, but still feel the need to ask for opinions of people who I believe have me and my tank's best interest in mind. I really think that's how all of us should go about reefing. Every tank and therefore every scenario is different, but that said, there are general truths that can be held to......Most of the time....

My Tank Build
Most of the usual derailers here are post whores. They do it cause they think there being funny. But actually there turning Scr in to a sad place. Hence why I took a vacation a few months back. All I was seeing any topic they participated in was intently being derailerd by there gay banter. But I totally agree with the article. I see so many of guys here post info to noobs, but yet I've never seen one photo from there tank. But yet there some type of know it all cause they've been in the hobby for a year now. Okay