Reef safe fish eating corals???

Bebsv

Hi guys, I recently notice someone on my 180 gallon reef is nipping on my corals, I had notice a hairy mushroom missing pieces and the perpetrator was my blue tang, yes the blue tang, they're not supposed to eat coral but this one nipps on the hairy mushroom, any way, I recently add 2 wrasses, a canary wrasse and a red wrasse with no issues for the first months, but today when I got home from work, I notice that someone was nipping on my purple monti, red monti, and some zoas, and they eat almost half of the hairy mushroom. I watched the red wrasse nipping on the gsp, wicht fish should I take out? Just the wrasses? Or the blue tang as well? I thought this 3 fishies don't eat coral!!!! Thanks any advice will be appreciated.

it happens ALL THE TIME!!!!...

i had a huge blue tang just go ham on my micromussa colonies... i watched it go down... i'll never get another blue tang... both that i had did the same thing...

if you have algae growing next to corals, they will accidentally take a bite... and eventually they will like eating the algae cells in the corals flesh...

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
My yellow belly blue tang ate my zoas that were on a rock... I love/hate blue tangs...

Bebsv

Thanks guys, I should probably move the blue tang to my fish only :0(, thats why I didn't get angels!!! I didn't care about the hairy mushroom, but if this tang start to get tacos out of my montis it has to move to an other neighborhood!! Men that suck that ate your zoas, and thanks Gumbii for the hopes!! It happen all the time, lol . The rock and the corals don't have any algae at all, I guess this guy after 2 years decided to try diferent tacos on the reef :a22:

sorry... LOL... just that i hear it all the time... there's always a "blue tang ate my _____ coral" thread....