RODI Upgrade Question

Hey guys,
So I have a 4 stage unit with an additional add on DI stage. I was getting phosphates out of my machine and the extra DI stage solved the problem. I also noticed that my TDS going into my DI stage is 4. I know if this number was lower it would save me DI but the question is how do I reduce this number. My unit is 90gpd and was thinking of buying another membrane to upgrade to 180gpd. Will this lower my TDS further? Or do I need to buy a Spectrapure 99% rejection rate membrane? What about adding another Carbon Block, will this help?
Thanks for your thoughts

I believe when you do two membranes it more about saving water. I can be wrong of course but what I've seen you run the waste line from first membrane into second. . 04 out of the membrane is pretty **** good. I was talking to the guy at the shop I buy my ro stuff from if you keep your sediment changed frequently and carbons less frequently but still every six months or so you keep your membrane tds down.. Also do you flush your membrane?

I believe when you do two membranes it more about saving water. I can be wrong of course but what I've seen you run the waste line from first membrane into second. . 04 out of the membrane is pretty **** good. I was talking to the guy at the shop I buy my ro stuff from if you keep your sediment changed frequently and carbons less frequently but still every six months or so you keep your membrane tds down.. Also do you flush your membrane?

Yes, I use a flush valve every use before and after making water.

If you're at 200 on and 4 out, that's 98% rejection. The only way to lower your out tds is to get a more efficient membrane. If you were at 2 at some point, maybe your membrane is losing efficiency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're at 200 on and 4 out, that's 98% rejection. The only way to lower your out tds is to get a more efficient membrane. If you were at 2 at some point, maybe your membrane is losing efficiency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Makes sense, so the only option is the get the 99% rejection membrane I gather