Reef addict in denial, trying to keep it fun this time.

CHASDB

Reef Addict
Supporter
So after setting up my dream tank a Leemar 225 years ago and getting all the plagues then setting up another 400g in quarantine tanks and still loosing the battle I had to back off. I think I was jinxed when I was ripped off on my tank, first LFS was having a cash flow problem so I basically lost my deposit, 1/2 the cost of the tank. Ok, maybe a combination of husbandry issues too. I Lost 2 Black Tangs, my Achilles, Blonde Naso, lots of little fish as well as tons of coral I want to forget buying. I have my 2 Perculas and a Blue Hippo Tang that have survived about 7-9 years. I picked up a used Leemar 90G setup, 48x24x20 last week. Is funny because I was starring at the stand and for the longest time I thought it was one that I had built for one of So Cal Tropical Fish's customers. Plan to sell the 225 once the 90 is cycled and good to go. Ordered all new filters and membranes from BRS for the RODI. I've been reading and went to 2 LFS stores for the first time in years. I'm thinking Vertex 150 skimmer ( I love my BK SM250) and 2x Kessil 360WE for light. I have a bunch of Tunze 6105 and 6045 until for random flow and a ATB Flow Star which hopefully won't be too big throttled back. I may even go Zeovit but still reading and trying to catch up on the advancements, bio pellets and Bayer dips lol.

I'm still working lots of hours, but not racing Jeepspeed / Ultra4 any more but married and have a 9 month old son. House is still a fixer but making progress :smile (2): I hope I can juggle the time to quarantine and keep up on the tank maintenance.

Old pic before the transformer blew on the power pole and tank went dark.

Good luck on your future set up man, sounds like you've been through hell and back with your old set ups haha. Also welcome to the forum.

pgr11

Supporter
I'm sure your going to have great success with the new tank. The pic you posted looks great! Have fun with it this time. Make sure to post a build thread on the new tank

Spinner

Supporter
If everyone was to watch/read a forum for a year before starting their build they would see what happens that makes things not fun:) They would see bad husbandry, no patients, money dumping to try and copy, chemical OD, plus a host of other thing's. BUT you also see the best our hobby has to offer, and by so doing its giving us a choice. Find the part's that make the hobby fun for you and "GO SLOW LET IT GROW"
Good Luck!

CHASDB

Reef Addict
Supporter
Thanks guys for the welcome. Found some pics of my 24 Nano Cube in '06 cute and simple AIO but fish are too big for that now. Let the fun begin!

Latest posts