Flow Help!

I have read and watched 1000s of videos and have learned a lot over the last year. I still cannot get the flow in my tank anywhere near acceptable. I now own both the new gyre pump and an mp40 along with a few power heads of various strengths. its a 100G 4 ft wide mixed reef. No matter what I do the lps on the bottom get whipped around just hard enough to where they will be fine but dont fully open and look like they should. I see all these videos of peoples torches swaying back and forth. Even if I turn just two small power heads on, one going over the top to try and create good flow for the sps and another at different angles to create turbulence I am not able to get the right flow. Then adding in the mp40 or gyre on super low just makes things go crazy. Any suggestions?

one thing about them pumps is that you really can't direct the flow like you can a power head... i like aiming my tunze or whatever upwards... that way when it hits a wall, it's sent up and not to the lower corners to make holes in the sand... i really like wave style pumps, but they aren't that great for LPS or tanks with a ton of sand because well, they get hard spots...

but, all you can do is move it around and see how that works out for you... you can put an algae scrubber in the way if it's causing way too much turbulence in a certain spot...

that's all the advice i got... good luck...

Latest posts