Nephthea coral

Hey Guys,

Just got a small Nepthea coral. I have had trouble keeping them in the past for some reason. Wondering if anyone has had luck with them and if so wouldn't mind sharing any tips? I am hoping to make this time a success as they are one of my favorite corals. I will post a photo later as well. Thanks in advance for any help.

love dirty water... you can't have them in an SPS tank... they need water that makes acans and yumas happy...

if you're SPS are happy, then the nepthea won't be... vice versa...

Okay so high nitrates is okay then? I don't keep SPS just soft and LPS. For some reason they always melt in my tank and haven't found out why. I am thinking my lighting in past has not been good enough but recently upgraded that. Thanks for the help Gumbi.

Mine has been really happy with high light and medium to high flow. My water is definitely on the dirtier side despite skimmer, fuge, biopellets, RowaPhos, and PhosE :/

love dirty water... you can't have them in an SPS tank... they need water that makes acans and yumas happy...

if you're SPS are happy, then the nepthea won't be... vice versa...
I guess I'm an anomaly. I have both, happy SPS and a few highlighter green Nephthea's.

I have several in a mixed reef under 14k 150 watt halide. They now take up 1/3 of the tank... actually the one large one is in high flow, less light and isn't as happy as the others so I suspect high light medium flow is preferable. Good luck but they seem pretty hardy ime.

Latest posts