Magnesium & Anyone use 2 Little Fishies C Balance?

I haven't had to dose magnesium, that is until my SPS have started to take off... slowly it has dipped to 1200. I know nothing good happens fast, but is there any negative affects of raising my mag over say two or three days with the amount recommended? All at once? I'd like to hear some first hand experience.

Also, I'm thinking about switching to 2 Little Fishies C Balance from ESV Bionic 2 part as the C-Balance provides Magnesium and Strontium. Anyone use this? Vu recommended I switch and I like the idea of simplifying the dosing and not having to add a separate Magnesium Supplement under my stand.

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
I have dumped Magnesium in very large amounts before without any problems. from 30oz of the BRS mix to the 17oz full bottles of the 17oz brightwell magnesium. I believe a lot more than that as well. i've never had a problem stressing out corals.

DPhan909

I have dumped Magnesium in very large amounts before without any problems. from 30oz of the BRS mix to the 17oz full bottles of the 17oz brightwell magnesium. I believe a lot more than that as well. i've never had a problem stressing out corals.
He is correct. Use the brs calculator.

JOSE CASAS

Premium Member
Supporter
How high are you trying to get it too? Takes a lot to raise mag but i would recommend 1ppm per gallon a day. You can raise it faster but will risk ion unbalance.

Thanks Steve.

He is correct. Use the brs calculator.
Thanks for that. Yeah I understand how much to add... just was wondering how fast I can add it to the system without causing problems.

How high are you trying to get it too? Takes a lot to raise mag but i would recommend 1ppm per gallon a day. You can raise it faster but will risk ion unbalance.
Um 1350? What would you recommend? So I need to raise it 150ppm and I have about 150 gallons so that would be 1ppm per gallon.

I haven't had to dose magnesium, that is until my SPS have started to take off... slowly it has dipped to 1200. I know nothing good happens fast, but is there any negative affects of raising my mag over say two or three days with the amount recommended? All at once? I'd like to hear some first hand experience.

Also, I'm thinking about switching to 2 Little Fishies C Balance from ESV Bionic 2 part as the C-Balance provides Magnesium and Strontium. Anyone use this? Vu recommended I switch and I like the idea of simplifying the dosing and not having to add a separate Magnesium Supplement under my stand.

I like to have separate supplements I feel they are like ingredients in a recipe esv b-ionic is not a bad product and works well but if mag is low and ca is fine u cant dose one with out the other. dosing high mag or bringing up the mag quickly isn't a bad thing but make sure u don't run it too high for long periods of time as your corals grow lps and sps they grab a alk molecule and ca, p04, mag when the mag reaches 1400 + it makes it difficult for the coral to do this process so keep that in mind the only time I like to run high mag is when Im dealing with problematic algae , and again when dosing at least for me I try to approach it like when I was a chef doing pastry I try to be precise good Luck [MENTION=3628]BeanMachine[/MENTION] if you have any more questions feel free

Latest posts